Room 101

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
When we eventually get the figures, I expect to see that Heinz sales have fallen off of a massive cliff - especially their beans and soups.
I find Lidl's Newgate beans to be perfectly ok - despite the massive price rise from £1.09 to £1.69 for a 4 pack....still good value when compared to the ultra-ripoff merchants.
Heinz baked beans have far too much sugar in them, the consequence of which is that to my taste they're ridiculously sweet. I can't eat them.

Reactions: Gray

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
They do low sugar ones, as does Sainsbury's. Actually prefer the latter, which are cheaper too.
The only supermarket near me unless I'm willing drive 10 miles to Tesco or Aldi is called CKs Supermarket a smell local chain in Wales. All they have in there is Spar beans. Cheap and runny, but alright.

Lazy Monkey 🙉
Can't be bothered to go out shopping....and catch Covid like everyone else.
It used to take Mrs 12th a good couple of hours - she doesn't work so shopping left in her court - this way it takes just 10 minutes to put it away. Given that delivery costs about a quid, you've got to value your time pretty cheaply to view that as anything other than worthwhile!

It used to take Mrs 12th a good couple of hours - she doesn't work so shopping left in her court - this way it takes just 10 minutes to put it away. Given that delivery costs about a quid, you've got to value your time pretty cheaply to view that as anything other than worthwhile!
I guess if you aren't working and can afford to stay in most of the day awaiting a delivery then this might be worthwhile doing.

Never use self scan / checkouts.
....tell checkout staff I'm trying to keep them in a job (it won't).
Depends upon how busy it is and what we're buying. I loathe queueing so self checkout when it's just a few things - but not if I'm filling my boots with lots of one or two things. With those, you can just hand over one tin and tell them there are ten in the bag etc. This is the occasional Sainsbury's top-up run, where there's either not enough for a delivery or need is pressing. Like Sam, we have the vast majority from Tesco each week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts