Room 101

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Some obvious ones here, but:

- People who litter. It's unforgivably lazy and disrespectful to others and the environment. There's a medieval deer park near us - a truly lovely place - so why do people go there (they must think it's nice) but then leave their detritus behind?

- People who don't bag up their dogs' 'leavings'. No-one wants to tread in it, just lazy and selfish.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
What are your pet hates? It could be anything from a taste, smell, lane hoggers on motorways... anything that really gets your back up.

I hate with a passion is text speak. When you have a face-to-face conversation with someone. For example:

You say to someone I lost a winning lottery ticket, and instead of them responding "oh my God, that's awful", they go OMG. This really turns a mild mannered individual like me into a raging bull.

One of Mrs. Ps,hate is the word "flavoursome" when referring to food or drink.
My pet hate is rude unpleasant people. To be polite and try to be agreeable costs nothing.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Idiots that post totally irrelevant comments on this forum??
Even if it is on a newbie thread , comments are useless.
There seem to be several of late who's names I will not currently mention.
Oh dear. I'm guilty of being one of those"....idiots" that posted irrelevant comments on this forum in the recent past. Nevertheless, notwithstanding useless comments, there was no offence intended and I personally will certainly desist from posting thoughtless uselessness. However I have noticed that there are people here who seem to 'be in the club' that can say whatever they like whether it's relevant or not and receive no backlash. But it's all great fun and highly amusing.😂

WayneKerr

Oh dear. I'm guilty of being one of those"....idiots" that posted irrelevant comments on this forum in the recent past. Nevertheless, notwithstanding useless comments, there was no offence intended and I personally will certainly desist from posting thoughtless uselessness. However I have noticed that there are people here who seem to 'be in the club' that can say whatever they like whether it's relevant or not and receive no backlash. But it's all great fun and highly amusing.😂
We're all guilty John but I wouldn't say you're a serial offender.

Gray

I have noticed that there are people here who seem to 'be in the club' that can say whatever they like whether it's relevant or not and receive no backlash.
Rest assured, nobody here can say what they like without backlash John.
I speak from experience - banned for saying something.....that many people agreed with 🤔.

Users of WhatsApp may have seen a picture of a pile of washing-up that hasn't been done.
The caption points out that it's a tragic consequence of the women's world cup.
A businessman local to me has come under fire for forwarding sexist sentiments, with calls to boycott his funfair business.
Too many people now are waiting to be offended.

Using brain scans, they're just beginning to see what people are thinking - God help us all with that.

Reactions: JDL and WayneKerr

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Rest assured, nobody here can say what they like without backlash John.
I speak from experience - banned for saying something.....that many people agreed with 🤔.

Users of WhatsApp may have seen a picture of a pile of washing-up that hasn't been done.
The caption points out that it's a tragic consequence of the women's world cup.
A businessman local to me has come under fire for forwarding sexist sentiments, with calls to boycott his funfair business.
Too many people now are waiting to be offended.

Using brain scans, they're just beginning to see what people are thinking - God help us all with that.
Yes, I've noticed that as progressivism progresses, there are certain kinds of people, usually the ones who make the most noise, who are constantly on the lookout for reasons to be offended and outraged. If one is in the firing line of their rancour, it's usually accompanied with a barrage of prejudgements of imaginary phobias and discriminations .This type of thing usually says far more about the accuser than the accusee. A sign of the times?

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
the-simpsons-principal-skinner.gif

Reactions: 12th Monkey

Friesiansam

Idiots who drive past a Road Closed sign, especially when that sign has a notice next to it, detailing the dates and, still think they will be able to get through, on a road about 8 feet wide...

Are they really stupid enough to believe, that maybe the closure doesn't apply to them?

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
The number of people I find myself following whilst driving, who crawl along at about 40mph on a derestricted road, then they come into a 30 limit and speed up to 45 or so. That annoys me. 👎🏻

Friesiansam

The number of people I find myself following whilst driving, who crawl along at about 40mph on a derestricted road, then they come into a 30 limit and speed up to 45 or so. That annoys me. 👎🏻
Decades ago, when I was in my 20s, had a slow cheap car and, wanted to drive everywhere like my hair was on fire. People with much quicker cars than me, driving very slowly on twisty stretches, then putting their foot down on the straights, so I had no hope of getting past. Very frustrating for a young man in a hurry...

Reactions: JDL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts