roksan kandy k2 amp cd player had quick listen today very impressed

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
popped into hughes today for a browse and had a quick listen to the roksan k2 pairing running into mon audio rx1s and i have to say very impressed, very powerful and decent detail . hughes said they couldve done em both brand new for £775 each are they a good long term listen or can they get tiresome over time. the styling grew on me too and seemed very well made

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic combo. Huge power hence not tiring. Have had mine for a few months now and love the sound I get with my Dali's. Very versatile too and I think they look great,especially as a pair.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the k2 CD & amp.

The CDP is a real cracker, not so enthusiastic about the amp although more probably limitations of my MA RS6s, btw much better all round with a pair of GS10s.

Peter Tyson has these at £795. But they will price match. Also each of these has a £75 loyalty voucher, so you could buy the CD, use the voucher against the amp, and then have the other voucher for something else.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed your speakers.

I originally had CM7s, and tbh with the k2 it was a bit of a mess, the bass had no focus. Not sure how similar the 7 is to the 1.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
YES THATS SOMETHING THINK ABOUT RICHARD. WHEN I HEARD THE K2S RUNNING INTO THE RX1 THE SOUND WAS KINDA HEAVY SO MAYBE ID HAVE TO HAVE A HOME DEMO IF I WAS GOING DOWN THE K2 ROUTE. IM STILL LEAVING MY OPTIONS OPEN AS TO WHAT SYSTEM I GO FOR AS IM ALSO CONSIDERING THE KI PEARL LITES YAMAHA AS 1000S AND MAYBE EVEN A UNITYQUTE SO NOT REALLY SURE YET, THOUGH I HAVE TO SAY THE KS2 WERE VERY GOOD

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
audioaddict said:
YES THATS SOMETHING THINK ABOUT RICHARD. WHEN I HEARD THE K2S RUNNING INTO THE RX1 THE SOUND WAS KINDA HEAVY SO MAYBE ID HAVE TO HAVE A HOME DEMO IF I WAS GOING DOWN THE K2 ROUTE. IM STILL LEAVING MY OPTIONS OPEN AS TO WHAT SYSTEM I GO FOR AS IM ALSO CONSIDERING THE KI PEARL LITES YAMAHA AS 1000S AND MAYBE EVEN A UNITYQUTE SO NOT REALLY SURE YET, THOUGH I HAVE TO SAY THE KS2 WERE VERY GOOD

I think the ROKSAN KANDY K2 is much impressive than the YAMAHA AS 1000S , the Japanees amp seems to be too much

bright and neutural .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts