Roksan Kandy & Beresford DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I previously posted that my new Kandy L3 and Mk3 CDP sounded pants even after a good tanning. I started auditioning some new speakers as my current KEF Q1s were also pants. I sounded out various speakers with the Kandy and eventually plumped for the Pro Ac Studio 100, which I thought sounded wonderful and the reason why I bought the Kandy in the first place. I was going to but these after my next wage! In the meantime and in my dismay with the Kandy I bought a Beresford DAC for £90 which arrived before I bought the Pro Acs. I have to say that its a wonderful upgrade after about 12 hours running has completely smoothed out the Kandy but without taking away the attack. What a brilliant £90 spent which saved me 600!!! When are What Hi Fi going to test this DAC? It would save all us chumps willing to spend a fortune from spending a fortune!

A

Anonymous

It sounds to me like you bought the wrong CDP. You should sell the Kandy, get a cheap Marantz and use it with the Beresford if you like it's sound. The Kandy has a distinct flavour...

A

Anonymous

I've tested the amp and the CDP in combinations with different makes of amp and CDP last weekend and really like both - but just not through my current speakers Kef Q1s...the best combo for me was the Roskan CDP, Primare I30 and Pro Ac Studio 100. However having the Beresford now has really improved things for me and I no longer need to upgrade. I'm now very happy and still have enough in the back pocket to take the wench out...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts