Roksan Caspian M2 Good Match For Kef LS50s

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
madhouse said:
BigH said:
Aussie beer is rubbish anyway.

Too bitter for ya? Oh true Australians love their beer (bonza!) We have a lot of idiots who cannot handle their alcohol, but some of us can opereate high-performance vehicles without event after consuming a bottle of rum and a box of beer.

No its not too bitter we have plenty of bitter beers over here.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
madhouse said:

... but some of us can opereate high-performance vehicles without event after consuming a bottle of rum and a box of beer.

Gosh, how manly.

I really hope your borderline sociopathic 'boast' was a sick joke and not a reality. Statistically, at least a few people viewing a popular forum like this would have been a victim (or known a victim) of drunk drivers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This forum really does lack a sense of humour, my posts were pretty deadpan but I thought that someone might find them amusing, just proves that the old adage that 'bullsh*t baffles brains' still applies.

Aussie beer can be pretty good though I am now well out of date. Draught Coopers, out of Adelaide, was top class back at the end of the 80s but for every good pint, there was plenty of very poor fair from the likes of Toohys and Fosters.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
davedotco said:
Really madhouse, you shouldn't worry to much, I have lived in countries where a couple of handguns and an assault rifle are part of the normal fixtures and fittings. Australia is totaly pussyfied these days and probably could not see off a determined housebreaker, let alone an armed aggressor.

Fortunately, cold beer and beaches apart, there is nothing in australia that anyone would want, you already sell your raw materials for peanuts, so not even that is interesting.

Rocket wise I am a big fan of the 66mm LAWS, that is, I believe, general issue with the australian army. Very useful toy if you find you need to let someone know you are serious, on a personal level at least.

Have I stumbled into the 'Survivalist Monthly' web forum? Or is this just a bit of Monday morning #### swinging by two people who've played too many 'shoot 'em up' games?

Probably run around like Rambo. Find it disturbing.

Excellent, keeps you on your toes! People are far too complacent on this forum.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
This forum really does lack a sense of humour, my posts were pretty deadpan but I thought that someone might find them amusing, just proves that the old adage that 'bullsh*t baffles brains' still applies.

Aussie beer can be pretty good though I am now well out of date. Draught Coopers, out of Adelaide, was top class back at the end of the 80s but for every good pint, there was plenty of very poor fair from the likes of Toohys and Fosters.

Haha, thought it was all keg in Oz?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:

Admittedly we don't boast about our favourite anti-tank weaponry, or how fast we can drive after drinking "a bottle of rum and a box of beer", but I fail to see how that makes us complacent.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:
davedotco said:

Haha, thought it wasa all keg in Oz?

It is, or certainly was back in my day as a Sydney resident. Any kind of cask conitioned ale was extremely rare then though I believe the trend towards small and micro breweries is taking hold even down under.

Furthermore, you need to broaden you outlook regarding Keg beer, try googling Craft Keg and look for entrys like Brewdog and Perfect Pint whose websites are quite informative.

My local, a CAMRA regional prizewinner has a normal complement of 6 real ales, a real cider and a perry, several imported Belgian beers on draught and 2 or 3 craft keg beers.

Both the Belgian beers and the craft kegs require carbonation and they are as far from the mass market kegs of yesteryear as it is possible to get.

Brands like Thornbridge ana Dark Arts, both available in my pub over the weekent might not be traditional real ale, but it is damn good beer.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
davedotco said:

Admittedly we don't boast about our favourite anti-tank weaponry, or how fast we can drive after drinking "a bottle of rum and a box of beer", but I fail to see how that makes us complacent.

And your post completely makes my point.

A little light hearted banter is all it is, no big deal, chill.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
davedotco said:

I never said that I drove fast. I am a defensive driver. 20+ years experience. Background with 350hp vehicle. It is not drink driving that kills, but rather recklessness. Alcoh.ol and speed is collectively deadly

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
madhouse said:
I never said that I drove fast. I am a defensive driver. 20+ years experience. Background with 350hp vehicle. It is not drink driving that kills, but rather recklessness. Alcoh.ol and speed is collectively deadly

@madhouse

Are you interested in hi-fi? Have any of your posts contained anything directly related to hi-fi? Apologies if I missed something ...

A

Anonymous

I studied amplifers at component level back in the 90s. I am very obsolete not having a clue about class d. Never done an audio project worth mentioning though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts