Roksan Caspian M2 Good Match For Kef LS50s

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Im after peoples thoughts on the roksan and kefs would be a good match or should i stick with my Arcam A19 amp.

now i now that the kef and the arcam match very well but as most of you will know its always intriguing to know if i could step up to the next level what the sound could deliver.

The reviews for the roksan sound like its the amp for me BUT will it have everything that the arcam has but with a much more improved/mature sound.

Strangely enough there are none or very little reviews involving roksan and kef which makes me wonder that they just don't match that well

regards

The Mad One

The Mad One said:
Im after peoples thoughts on the roksan and kefs would be a good match or should i stick with my Arcam A19 amp. now i now that the kef and the arcam match very well but as most of you will know its always intriguing to know if i could step up to the next level what the sound could deliver. The reviews for the roksan sound like its the amp for me BUT will it have everything that the arcam has but with a much more improved/mature sound. Strangely enough there are none or very little reviews involving roksan and kef which makes me wonder that they just don't match that well regards The Mad One

I'm sure the £1600 Caspian would be better than a £650 offering. depends on where the finish line is. Then you have to think about whether the sources are good enough. Once that's achieved you'll decide the speakers could be bettered. Vicious circle.

I would say upgrade the cdp to a Arcam CD37 first and then see where you are.

I noticed a fairly hefty lift with upgrading the CDP.

EDIT - If you like the Arcam so much then the A38 or A39 (when released) should be the obv choice. I would still upgrade your source first. :)

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought an A19 for my Dad last week and had it on at home in my set up and it is a very capable amp. It is actually very close in performance to my A28, so I would second PP's advice regarding the source as a possible upgrade route. The Leema Elements dac sounds superb in my set up and IMO is worth a listen.

Best thing to do is to get a couple of bits on home demo and have some fun!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have not heard the Roksan Caspian M2 but I heard the Kef LS50s with the MF M3i, the Caspian should be better, several dealers did mention the Caspian when I asked about amps. IMO I don't think the A19 is powerful enough to get the best out of the LS50s. Only way is to try it out.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Update

After speaking to Arcam today there is no A39 due for release in the near future the guy i spoke to said that the A38 would be a vast improvement over the A19 providing my souces would be up to it.

So ive gone for the A38 from flea bay for just under £800 in new condition so hopefully ive made the right choice.

ive read many reviews on the A38 and they are very promising.

fingers crossed ive made the right chice.

regards

The Mad One

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Update

After speaking to Arcam today there is no A39 due for release in the near future the guy i spoke to said that the A38 would be a vast improvement over the A19 providing my souces would be up to it.

So ive gone for the A38 from flea bay for just under £800 in new condition so hopefully ive made the right choice.

ive read many reviews on the A38 and they are very promising.

fingers crossed ive made the right chice.

regards

The Mad One

A

Anonymous

Why don't you just build everything yourself from scratch. This way you'll save money, gain skills and have a sense of satisfaction knowing that
you built it yourself. Of course you don't get the Marantz badge though, but perhaps you get lucky and fluke something deserving of an even better name.

I see that you have gone insane too?

A

Anonymous

Deposit AUSD 500k in to my account and always respect the Chinese and the Police and I will do some projects for you.
Most of the money is to purchase AK47 machineguns.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
madhouse said:
Deposit AUSD 500k in to my account and always respect the Chinese and the Police and I will do some projects for you. Most of the money is to purchase AK47 machineguns.

Before spending your money I strongly recommend that you audition the later and much higher performance AK74.

A lot of AK 47s currently on the market are cheaper Chinese copies and the QC is really not up to scratch. Try and get a '74M in good condition, preferably of Czech manufacture.

I' m sure you will not be disappointed.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Better still why dont you buy one of those new 3D printers and then you can print your own AK 47. >)

That way you get to build your own,having job satisfaction and saving yourself a few AUSD :bounce:

:clap:

A

Anonymous

davedotco said:
madhouse said:
Deposit AUSD 500k in to my account and always respect the Chinese and the Police and I will do some projects for you. Most of the money is to purchase AK47 machineguns.

Before spending your money I strongly recommend that you audition the later and much higher performance AK74.

A lot of AK 47s currently on the market are cheaper Chinese copies and the QC is really not up to scratch. Try and get a '74M in good condition, preferably of Czech manufacture.

You ever bought a used car from Japan?

Asians tend to look after their things much better than us. The thing with Chinese components is that the metal is mucher thinner. They try to make do with what will work. No more. No less. They don't throw things around like we do. Nice and gentle treated with respect there is nothing wrong with the stuff.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
madhouse said:
davedotco said:
madhouse said:

You ever bought a used car from Japan? Asians tend to look after their things much better than us. The thing with Chinese components is that the metal is mucher thinner. They try to make do with what will work. No more. No less. They don't throw things around like we do. Nice and gentle treated with respect there is nothing wrong with the stuff.

May work for cars but not assault weapons, you do not want to be caught out gently trying to clear a jammed round while someone creeps up on you and beats your brains out with a rock.

No, Czech build is definitely the way to go, if you have a decent local dealer you can get the '74 rechambered for the standard NATO round, much easier to come by in this part of the world and more reliable too.

Slight reduction in muzzle velocity is the only issue, though I doubt this would be detectable in a properly conducted blind test.

A

Anonymous

davedotco said:
madhouse said:
davedotco said:
madhouse said:

You ever bought a used car from Japan? Asians tend to look after their things much better than us. The thing with Chinese components is that the metal is mucher thinner. They try to make do with what will work. No more. No less. They don't throw things around like we do. Nice and gentle treated with respect there is nothing wrong with the stuff.

May work for cars but not assault weapons, you do not want to be caught out gently trying to clear a jammed round while someone creeps up on you and beats your brains out with a rock.

No, Czech build is definitely the way to go, if you have a decent local dealer you can get the '74 rechambered for the standard NATO round, much easier to come by in this part of the world and more reliable too.

Slight reduction in muzzle velocity is the only issue, though I doubt this would be detectable in a properly conducted blind test.

Scary. Now I am starting to think that you're a firearms expert.
No chance of someone taking advantage of a jammed round in the Australian forces. Australia is geared up only for an 'armed aggressor'
We only lauch the rockets if someone is trying to invade us. Two contries, but only two would come close.

Any idea?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
madhouse said:
davedotco said:
madhouse said:
davedotco said:
madhouse said:

Scary. Now I am starting to think that you're a firearms expert. No chance of someone taking advantage of a jammed round in the Australian forces. Australia is geared up only for an 'armed aggressor' We only lauch the rockets if someone is trying to invade us. Two contries, but only two would come close. Any idea?

Really madhouse, you shouldn't worry to much, I have lived in countries where a couple of handguns and an assault rifle are part of the normal fixtures and fittings. Australia is totaly pussyfied these days and probably could not see off a determined housebreaker, let alone an armed aggressor.

Fortunately, cold beer and beaches apart, there is nothing in australia that anyone would want, you already sell your raw materials for peanuts, so not even that is interesting.

Rocket wise I am a big fan of the 66mm LAWS, that is, I believe, general issue with the australian army. Very useful toy if you find you need to let someone know you are serious, on a personal level at least.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
Really madhouse, you shouldn't worry to much, I have lived in countries where a couple of handguns and an assault rifle are part of the normal fixtures and fittings. Australia is totaly pussyfied these days and probably could not see off a determined housebreaker, let alone an armed aggressor.

Fortunately, cold beer and beaches apart, there is nothing in australia that anyone would want, you already sell your raw materials for peanuts, so not even that is interesting.

Rocket wise I am a big fan of the 66mm LAWS, that is, I believe, general issue with the australian army. Very useful toy if you find you need to let someone know you are serious, on a personal level at least.

Have I stumbled into the 'Survivalist Monthly' web forum? Or is this just a bit of Monday morning #### swinging by two people who've played too many 'shoot 'em up' games?

A

Anonymous

It is the beer that worries me the most (easily worth a war over)

A

Anonymous

Have I stumbled into the 'Survivalist Monthly' web forum? Or is this just a bit of Monday morning #### swinging by two people who've played too many 'shoot 'em up' games?

I don't play games. I have made them though. Hardest job you've ever done in your life.

chebby said:
davedotco said:

Probably run around like Rambo. Find it disturbing.

A

Anonymous

BigH said:
Aussie beer is rubbish anyway.

Too bitter for ya?
Oh true Australians love their beer (bonza!) We have a lot of idiots who cannot handle their alcohol, but some of us can opereate high-performance vehicles without event after consuming a bottle of rum and a box of beer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts