Roksan Caspian M1 stereo power amp

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The Roksan Caspian M1 stereo power amp has been discontinued. Is it possible to find an new one?

Please advise whether M1 integrated amp can be vertical bi-amping with M1 stereo power amp ? i.e. M1 integraeted amp pushing the HF and LF of left speaker and M1 stereo power amp pushing HF and LF of right speaker or vice versa :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I found a brand new M1 pre with a couple of mono power amps on eBay not 2 weeks ago, so you may well find a new power amp with some diligent searching.

With regards your plans for bi-amping. It won't work. You'll need to have the integrated running HF or LF on both speakers, with the power amp running the LF or HF.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why would you run the speakers the way you want to? You would have different characteristics and maybe even levels for either speaker. You use one amp for one job only, hf or lf or you get some crazy mishmash of sound. I tried this all out when I had 2 different marantz models at the same time and trust me I learned never to do what you suggested.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bemaniac said:
Why would you run the speakers the way you want to? You would have different characteristics and maybe even levels for either speaker. You use one amp for one job only, hf or lf or you get some crazy mishmash of sound. I tried this all out when I had 2 different marantz models at the same time and trust me I learned never to do what you suggested.

Not at all bemaniac, I believe what he is looking to do is common and I plan on doing the same eventually. He has an M1 power amp and is looking for another M1 Power amp therefore driving the left speaker with 1 and the right speaker with the other. These are the same model amp and volume is controlled by the Pre amplifier. Job done :)

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Big Chris said:
I found a brand new M1 pre with a couple of mono power amps on eBay not 2 weeks ago, so you may well find a new power amp with some diligent searching.

With regards your plans for bi-amping. It won't work. You'll need to have the integrated running HF or LF on both speakers, with the power amp running the LF or HF.

Could it be possible Integrated amp pushing Right speaker and stereo power amp pushing Left speaker when the M1 integrated amp pre-out Left channel to Left in of M1 stereo power amp?

A

Anonymous

I will also be looking for a roksan caspian power amp in the new year, ebay quite often has them listed, i need to save for a couple of month's!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts