RF OUT ON SKY HD BOX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have a sky hd and have connected my sky box via rf out to another tv. The problem i have the other tv picture quality is fuzzy and grainy i have checked the connections and there ok. the cable connected the sky box to the 2nd tv is brand new. I rang a local shop where they fit sattelite dishes and they advised that the frequency needs to be the same on both tv's im not sure what they mean. Can anyone shed some light on this. Also the cable i used was black sattelite cable is this correct or im i supposed to use the brown areial cable. Also which RF am i supposed to use RF1 or RF2 Thankyou

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, think it means on the RF set it indicates a channel i.e. 69 so I think on the tv it has to be tuned to this frequency, is it turned on in the menu as sometimes it can be set to off in the RF out feed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply as you were the only one so far i will try and advise asap thanks again

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
You may need to go into the engineer menu, if you cant get it sorted. If it is stiil poor come back and I will tell you how to get into the engineer menu.
emotion-1.gif

daveh75

Bips:Hi i have a sky hd and have connected my sky box via rf out to another tv.

The problem i have the other tv picture quality is fuzzy and grainy i have checked the connections and there ok.

the cable connected the sky box to the 2nd tv is brand new. I rang a local shop where they fit sattelite dishes and they advised that the frequency needs to be the same on both tv's im not sure what they mean.

Can anyone shed some light on thisSounds like uhf interference from your local TV transmitter.

You will need to shift the frequency of the Sky boxes rf output (default is ch68) so it doesn't clash with your local channels.

To change the output-On your remote, press "services" then 0-0-1 in quick succession then select "rf outlets". Once in the menu you can adjust the output between ch 21-68.

But,unless you happen to know your local frequencies it will be a bit of trial and error as to what channel to use, and each time you change it,you will need to re-tune your TV to that frequency.

Also the cable i used was black sattelite cable is this correct or im i supposed to use the brown areial cable. Satellite grade cable is of better quality/has lower signal losses than "aerial" cable,so you're fine!

Also which RF am i supposed to use RF1 or RF2

ThankyouThe rf2out is meant for connection to a remote tv, as this has 9v supply to power magic eyes(which needs to be switched to on in the rf outlets menu,if using an eye). If you're not using an magic eye then it doesn't really matter tbh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts