RF Controls for AV system with Harmony One

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Heres my issue

I am having to relocate my amp/dvd player and possibly sky box away from the tv onto a hi fi rack on the other side of the living room. I still intend to use the Harmony One remote control but the units are to be hidden away thus will not be in line of the IR beam.After scanning around various other forums It appears the only way is converting the signal to RF.

I have a couple of queries that need clarifying before spending any money :

1.Am I on the right track, if not what should I be looking to do

2. What products are available

3. Will there be a time delay

daveh75

shawton:2. What products are availableThere's numerous RF remote extenders on the market,but i've used a Marmitek Powermid XL remote extender with good effect in the past!
shawton:3. Will there be a time delay Yes,there's a small degree of latency,but it's so small it's not really that noticable.

A

Anonymous

Also remember that an RF remote system is yet another strain on the 2.4MHz band, and might cause interference on wi-fi or wireless audio and video devices.

A

Anonymous

If RF interference is an issue (that is, if you're using wireless sound or video devices like Apple, Logitech etc), you might also consider a wired system. The most reliable and expandable is Xantech, Russound and SpeakerCraft. Marmitek (and possibly others) offers less expensive alternatives.

You'll need a cable (any 3-lead cable will do) between the connecting block near your equipment and the IR receiver, though.

TRENDING THREADS