Returning to vinyl?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm a long way from spending any money. At the moment it's a question of finding out what a TT brings to the table (excuse the pun).

Views on the Devialet phono stage seem to be predominantly positive. OK, one reviewer (I think it was Noel Keywood) said the phono stage was the Devialet's weakest link. Most people seem to think the Dev's phono stage, with all its configurability, is a very good thing. There are a few people over on the 'Wam who run high-end TTs with Devialets and seem to prefer the internal phono stage to the high-end external stages they owned previously.

On the face of it, there's not much point in using an external box, both for the reason given by andyjm and because the analogue signal will be digitized as soon as it enters the Dev anyway.

So far (OK, since yesterday lunchtime) my experience is that the quality of pressing and mastering makes more difference than whether the replay system is digital or analog. A good vinyl disk sounds better than a poor digital one and vice versa.

Matt

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
at this point it makes every sence, before spending the money, maybe a TT that don't sound so great with Devialet phono stadge, might sound very good with an external one... Just saing... :roll:

Equally he could have messed around with two dozen carts on the first two TTs , just sayin :roll:

TRENDING THREADS