require a new amp

dezzer48

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a old Arcam Delta Amp which seems to be on its last legs, I have a Marantze sacd 8003 player and B & W CDM1 speakers, and i wondered what would be the best Amp I have been thinking of the Roksan Kandy K2 and the Naim Nait 5i, I listen all types of music, Looking for good music seperation and a nice bass. Hope you can suggest a good amp for under £900.

Dezzer48

SteveR750

Have you thought about 2nd hand? Either saves money, or gets a step above for the same outlay. K2 a good choice by the way, has a detailed airy, but smooth sound. Plenty of punch, but not overly bright, probably a good match for B&W

SteveR750

I fond the Nait too excitable and a bit OTT with the B&W speakers (medium floorstanders 684? IIRC) and the Spendor A5s, but then I like the musical slightly laid back spendor sound. I still think the K2 is more neutral than the Naim.

One of the sevenoaks might still have the originalk Leema Pulse for £650 ish which is a steal.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I'd have said that about the Roksan, which didn't seem to me to be close to the Naim in terms of control, precision and detail.

B&Ws can be a bit trebly, though, so maybe an amp like the Unico or Audio Analog would be a better choice.

dezzer48

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its been a good one, My original system used to be Teac cd1 , audio Alchemy dac in a box, power supply went on it couldn't get a replacement for love nor money, recommended to get the Marantz sacd8003 then Had quite a few issues with my arcam amp delta 290. my speakers B & W cdm 1.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts