Replacement Surround System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For a few years now I've had an Acoustic Energy Aego P5 surround system - a standalone decoder and a subwoofer/amp box that drives 5 satellite speakers. It's seen better days and I'm starting to think of a replacement.

It will be used with my Denon 1940 DVD player and a Panasonic Vierar 42" plasma (not HD, sadly).

I really can't fit in large surround speakers so I'm again looking for a system with small satellite speakers. There doesn't seem to be anything similar to the Aego that I have around at the moment, as far as I can see - so I guess I'm looking for a seperate AV amp and speaker package...correct?

Any recommendations? Budget isn't huge - maybe around £1k.

I've no wish to integrate my surround system with my stereo system, so items like tuners and so in in the AV amp/receiver are pretty irrelevant to me. At some point in the future I do anticipate going HD, should that be relevant.

Thanks in advance...

A

Anonymous

Looks good. What sort of amount should I be budgeting for speaker cables for that lot? I run Nordost on my music system but I would want to be at the budget end of things for the home cinema setup.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Would have thought your standard Chord / QED cables would be fine with these. You could visit a dealer to audition some of the kit and then see if you can get the cable thrown in with the system when you buy - usually works!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts