Replace Mission 753 speakers with what?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
On another note, I had the Pioneer A400 for a while. Rather overrated I felt. Used it with a pile of gear but for an amp that turned up at - what - £250? It was okay. For the 1990s when it came out though, it probably seemed like a revelation. Overly bright and quite thin-sounding across the board I found and not quite deserving of the fanfares it subsequently received.

IMO obvs!
I never got the hype or love for the A400 either.

Reactions: record_spot
And yet Rotel and B&W used the A-400 as a reference to design the RA-1062.
Doesn’t really mean anything. Manufacturers always pitch their designs against the popular amplifiers at the time.

Btw, as good as the the RA-1062 is however it still hasn't got the performance potential of the A-400.
So you duped all those people into buying a lesser amplifier instead of the “better” A400?! Have you no shame! o_O

I know which one I’d still buy…

Subjectivity rules.

record_spot

Out of interest what components have you used the A-400 with please?

AVI Lab Series CD player
Leema Stream CD player
Marantz SA-7001KI CD/SACD player
Kenwood DP-7090 CD player
Cambridge 752BD Universal Player
Mission 752
Tannoy DC4
Mission 751 Freedom

And compared with other amps:-

Marantz PM6010-KI
Sansui AU-717
Sansui AU-217
Technics SU-V6

Plus whatever gear the seller I bought it from had - which included Electrocompaniet, Naim, and Martin Logan.

I think that's enough to come to a reliable conclusion personally. YMMV.

Doesn’t really mean anything. Manufacturers always pitch their designs against the popular amplifiers at the time.

So you duped all those people into buying a lesser amplifier instead of the “better” A400?! Have you no shame! o_O

I know which one I’d still buy…

Subjectivity rules.

Joker. But then again its to be expected from a shameful supply merchant.

Zero is the extent of your knowledge regarding the development of the RA-1062.

I'll recommend a product when I believe and feel is suitable to do so. For eg. the RA-1062 is superior to a NAD C370. However I haven't always recommended the RA-1062 over the C370 because the RA-1062 just like the A-400 and almost all if not all products is/are not going to be the ideal fit in every system.

Btw, If you feel I have no shame in me recommending for eg. basic 'freebie' interconnects then so be it.

If you feel that I have no shame in me actually selling the cheaper RA-1062 while you were busy supplying the more expensive and highly reviewed A85 (a reminder that I never sold a single A85 btw) then so be it.

If you feel I have no shame in recommending products from brands that we don't deal with the so be it.

Anyway, after all these years glad to see your appreciation of the RA-1062 come to the fore.

Subjectivity rules? Yeah right. Only when it suits your agenda.

Last edited:
Joker. But then again its to be expected from a shameful supply merchant.

Zero is the extent of your knowledge regarding the development of the RA-1062.

I'll recommend a product when I believe and feel is suitable to do so. For eg. the RA-1062 is superior to a NAD C370. However I haven't always recommended the RA-1062 over the C370 because the RA-1062 just like the A-400 and almost all if not all products is/are not going to be the ideal fit in every system.

Btw, If you feel I have no shame in me recommending for eg. basic 'freebie' interconnects then so be it.

If you feel that I have no shame in me actually selling the cheaper RA-1062 while you were busy supplying the more expensive and highly reviewed A85 (a reminder that I never sold a single A85 btw) then so be it.

If you feel I have no shame in recommending products from brands that we don't deal with the so be it.

Anyway, after all these years glad to see your appreciation of the RA-1062 come to the fore.

Subjectivity rules? Yeah right. Only when it suits your agenda.
Are you deluded?

I didn’t mention anything about freebie cables.

I haven’t been keen on Arcam products since the Alpha 9. I don’t recall ever having supplied an A85 myself. I didn’t like that range.

I’ve always promoted subjectivity, and buying what the customer likes. If someone wants a graphic equaliser, I say buy it, enjoy yourself, it’s your money and your system.

And as for “shameful supply merchant”, we’ll, as I said - deluded. You’re trying to lift up the wrong skirt….

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts