Remote control issues with AV amp/Hi-Fi amp

angeldust1

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I’ve just replaced my AV amp (an old DENON AVR1905 AV amp with a Marantz NR1604) and need some assistance with the set up. Using the front speaker pre-outs I’ve hooked up my Cambridge Audio Azur 640A to drive the front speakers, but the problem is that the Cambridge and Marantz remotes use the same codes, so as soon as I adjust the volume (with either remote), the levels of the front speakers go out of proportion with the rest of the system (this didn’t happen with the Denon). Any ideas how I can get these 2 amps to work together?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there how are you.

Hmm that's awkward. First off why are you using te CA for your fronts? I have a CA P500 bi-amping my fronts but of course it's only driving the drivers and my AVR is driving the tweeters.

You could find an angle for the remote thaqt only reaches one of the amps. Where I used to work we had 2 players the same when viewing 2 screens at once but if I was only watching a single screen I would only want one player to work and everytime I pressed play the other player would come on so I would find and angle that only did one player.

TRENDING THREADS