Remote control extenders - which one?

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
...I'm wanting to watch sky tv on my old but cherished 32" Hitachi CRT in my bedroom - and don't wish to add Sky multi-room to an already enormous monthly Sky bill (!) - I note there are loads of IR extenders out there (ebay) which claim to be able to change channel / volme etc without any problems ....anyone have a brand they'd recommend?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I use these with some of these (purely because there's nowhere to put the transmitter so it would send IR commands to all my kit) and it generally works well - by no means perfect but it's allowed me to place my equipment rack behind the sofa which is what I needed to do for my room layout.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
That's 50 quid! All he wants is a Magic Eye thing that plugs onto the end of the RF2 out cable to change the channel, you don't need to spend any more than 20 quid, I think even Tesco sell them!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah, sorry, this wasn't clear from your original post - it sounded like you just needed something to send IR commands. In that case you need something like this (assuming SCART connections are okay?), though I've personally no experience of them I'm afraid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts