Remote Conflict - Any way to tune?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a remote conflict between my Panasonic BD35 Blu Ray and my Onkyo 605SR Receiver.

Basically, any signal from the Panny remote, changes the listening mode on the Onkyo. So eg. for every press of the Panny, the Onkyo will cycle through the various listening modes Pro Logic, Stereo, Dolby Digital etc etc. A mode change for every press. This makes searching or chapter skipping on the Panny very tiring as your constantly switching listening mode on the Onk with the accompanying loud relay click.

Does anyone know of any way to stop this?

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Alsone

I bought the bd35 a couple of days ago & had a conflict with it & my Pana dvd/hdd recorder.Slightly different to your problem because they are meant to be compatible.

My problem was that what ever i did on the remote it changed something on the other unit or would stop a recording & switch the other unit off.

I went into set up & general settings & into remote,from memory i just opened it up & a option came up telling me to hold a couple of buttons for 5 sec. & it set up a different code & i'm ok now.

Don't know if this will help you,you having two different makes.I suspect it recognised that i had two different units.

Hope it might help.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Cliff I'll take another look into the manual and see if I can spot how its done.

Its dammed annoying have the Onkyo change mode everytime I fast forward the BD35.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Alsone

Hope you've managed to sort it.It didn't affect my amp but if fast forwarding it like you, it would fast forward the dvd recorder & *** everything up,it would open & close both players trays, & switch off both units,a right pain so know where you coming from.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts