Rega RP1 to Preamp to Active Speakers.....HELP!

iamkorbian

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have just purchased a Rega RP1, but I'm having real trouble trying to find simple, uncomplicated advice about the set up! Everyone is very wordy and full of tech, so it's hard to decipher the end goal!

It would be really helpful to me if somebody could help me with the following query:

I already own active monitors (a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2) and at the moment I can't afford to upgrade these. I also have an M-Audio M-Track audio interface. At the moment the speakers are connected by 1/4" jack cables. I have 2 questions that I really would appreciate help in answering:

1) Can I connect a preamp to my existing audio interface in order to get sound from the RP1? If not, then

2) I have noticed that all preamps only have 1 x RCA connection for speakers: how can I connect both of my speakers?

Sorry to be such a novice, but up until now I have been using a ghastly Crosley Keepsaker with the built in speakers.....so I'm new to this!

All help appreciated folks :)

iamkorbian said:
Hi,

I have just purchased a Rega RP1, but I'm having real trouble trying to find simple, uncomplicated advice about the set up! Everyone is very wordy and full of tech, so it's hard to decipher the end goal!

It would be really helpful to me if somebody could help me with the following query:

I already own active monitors (a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2) and at the moment I can't afford to upgrade these. I also have an M-Audio M-Track audio interface. At the moment the speakers are connected by 1/4" jack cables. I have 2 questions that I really would appreciate help in answering:

1) Can I connect a preamp to my existing audio interface in order to get sound from the RP1? If not, then

2) I have noticed that all preamps only have 1 x RCA connection for speakers: how can I connect both of my speakers?

Sorry to be such a novice, but up until now I have been using a ghastly Crosley Keepsaker with the built in speakers.....so I'm new to this!

All help appreciated folks :)

If it's not a pertinent question why did you buy the turntable. Do you own a lot of vinyl?

Sorry if it sounded like an interogation, welcome to the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts