Rega Planar 6 + Ania

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all!

I have this great turntable and cartridge occupying in the heart of my hifi system...

A couple of weeks ago, my wife tripped in our lounge room and tried to demolish the turntable by using her face as a blunt instrument! (Thankfully massive bleeding/bruising and after several stitches, she is now recovering...)

She hit the corner of the dust cover and pushed it through such that the hinges were demolished and the tone arm was pushed through the cover!

Although the dust cover is wrecked the tonearm is still perfect (only the handle on the integrated head shell was sheered off). No change in system performance.

The turntable, arm and cartridge still work perfectly!

A tribute to the amazing strength of this build!

Thanks Rega!

Rob

Attachments

• D72_2098a.JPG
    D72_2098a.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 20
  • D72_2099a.JPG
    D72_2099a.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 20

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
Thanks people for your concern (for my wife)...!

When my wife fell, her immediate concern was "I wrecked your turntable...!". I came in and saw blood streaming down her face, neck and body and immediately packed her off to our local hospital. Six stitches in her face later and while she was under observation I ducked home to check out the turntable...

It was not 'till the next day that I could test the table (after I had checked the cost of buying a new arm and cartridge (OUCH!). Amazingly it's checked out good....

Rob

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Thanks people for your concern (for my wife)...!

When my wife fell, her immediate concern was "I wrecked your turntable...!". I came in and saw blood streaming down her face, neck and body and immediately packed her off to our local hospital. Six stitches in her face later and while she was under observation I ducked home to check out the turntable...

It was not 'till the next day that I could test the table (after I had checked the cost of buying a new arm and cartridge (OUCH!). Amazingly it's checked out good....

Rob
Poor soul! In time it will be a laughing matter but in the meantime I hope both of you feel less pain.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts