Rega DAC!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Ambrose said:
BluePotato said:
Steve - was that a new or used Chord Chameleon Silver you bought - did it make a difference? I'm currently using Chord Crimson Plus interconnect and have just bought Chord Rumour speaker cables. I just keep missing out on Chameleon.

Also - must agree re REGA - I got REGA DAC last week and it's made a fantastic difference to my set up over the ARCAM RDAC - fantastic. Jealous of your RP3 - might have to wait to xmas for that upgrade!

Hi I agree with Steve's comments on the Chameleon and your system is good enough for it!!! I do like the Crimson but the Chameleon is better all round and a little less obvious balance in the treble. + more bass :) Great detailing.

Thanks - will definitely keep an eye on e-bay. Do you know if the VEE plugs make a significant difference? You can pick up the previous version for about £40 but no VEE plugs

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Just checking seeing as this thread is appropriately titled. I've only got the odd 96k hi res song but when I play the REGA DAC doesn't picks it up as 44k like any other CD rip. I stream from iMac to airport express then toslink to REGA DAC. I'm assuming I'd need to hard wire to get it to receive in 96k?

karlmc

Sep 29, 2007
Visit site
BluePotato said:
Just checking seeing as this thread is appropriately titled. I've only got the odd 96k hi res song but when I play the REGA DAC doesn't picks it up as 44k like any other CD rip. I stream from iMac to airport express then toslink to REGA DAC. I'm assuming I'd need to hard wire to get it to receive in 96k?

Afraid its the airport express. It's limited to 44k. This is one of the reasons I moved to a squeezebox touch.

jcarruthers

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
You'll need a mini-toslink to the DAC to get 96khz — if your iMac is a model with an SPDIF.

USB on the Rega DAC won't work either as that is limited to 48khz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts