Rega Brio R

paulorder

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Rega Brio R , not only humms ,buzzzzs more than any thing its got to be this channel umbalance,

yes your not going mad when you sit between the speakers , is it balanced or not , well its NOT.

it averages 3db down on the right or 3db up on the left who knows,

cinfirmed with a guy from Rega , im not a grass so i cant tell you his name .

my Brio is going ebay, very sad love the sound but stereo focus is for a lefty

Oh well back to Naim..

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
if that is the case then it is faulty and you should be asking for a replacement!

many happy Brio R owners on this forum, if it were me I would be straight down to your dealer

how old is it? has it just started doing it?

Rega amps do hum, - its in the design - but not to the extent it interferes with listening

empacher

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
paulorder said:
cinfirmed with a guy from Rega , ....

my Brio is going ebay, very sad love the sound but stereo focus is for a lefty

so you confirmed wth rega that there is a problem and it can't be fixed why?

this also shows you are drawing conclusions based on a defective example.

did you buy used and not listen first? did you just discover this problem now after listening for how long?

weird.....

i call shenanigans

and i trust you will disclose the problems when you list on ebay.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Until now there was no article, no review, no forum, no thread reagardering this issue !

And you have the nerve to drop this information like this!

Sorry but it is NOT TRUE in my Brio R.

And wher are your proves, your measurments!

And who are you, it is your first post in this Forum and with an accusation with no support!

You can be working for some other company... :?

jimmylee73

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
@ HiFiOutlaw

You should do a little more research as there have been lots of posts, here and elsewhere, regarding issues/problems with the Brio R.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
jimmylee73 said:
@ HiFiOutlaw

You should do a little more research as there have been lots of posts, here and elsewhere, regarding issues/problems with the Brio R.

I did, and only read about huming or buzzing, NO ambalance reports about 3db more on right or left channel!!!!

but I would like to see his proves regardering this subject!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This is a residual efect, mine has NO ambalance, and no Buzzzzz or hummmm!

The OP should try to solve the problem with is suplier, if it is still under waranty he should get a new one!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
And it is just me seeing the big picture HERE???

The OP get the time to register in forum and to drop the "bomb" but no consern what so ever to follow up the thread...

It is a suspicious behavior!!!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps a reply.....

Thats unusual and a shame I own one and it's perfect. I assume you have arranged with your discussions with Rega to send it back for repair? Lifetime warranty and all.

I would hope you would not sell it on EBay with a known fault.

Let us know how you get on.

Diffused? I nearly sent this last night as I found The OP a little odd that's being polite!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that OP.

I would like to chip in here and mention that my brio-r makes virtually no hum whatsover. You can only hear a very slight amount of what sounds like interference if you put your ear right up to the speaker. My old amp made this noise too, and more of it. It's totally unnoticable at more than 1 foot away from speaker. A mosquito is louder. Word!

As for imbalance, I haven't noticed any, but my speakers are placed one higher than the other so it would be very hard to tell. However, they sound like i would imagine them to in their positions, and i am def not getting a louder left channel from my listening position.

I would def be talking to rega or dealer for a replacement.

I have read somewhere about the imbalnce before, but most people on the same forum were saying they had no issues. I am thinking that maybe some of the older brio-rs had more hum and this imbalnce, and maybe in the past 12 months, these issues have been addressed and solved, as has the labelling of the phono input. :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts