Rega Brio-R - leave on 24/7 or turn off at night?

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have read and read on the topic of whether to leave the Rega Brio-R on 24/7 or turn it off overnight. With power on, it is warm to the touch. Without a standy mode, I would think it uses significant power even when not playing music- but I have also read that it uses only 10watts, even when playing music...The always-warm casing may even be a part of its unusual cooling system, not a sign of substantial power use?...I don't want to compromise on the wonderful Brio-R sound; nor do I want to waste expensive electricity! Is there a best choice, or is it always a compromize? My hope is that, after the first few weeks of settling in, that it is OK to turn off at night, and one should just turn it on an hour or so to warm up for the sound back at peak...does anyone really know?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
First few weeks of settling in? It's an amp, not a new puppy. Switch it on when you use it, switch it off when you're finished!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My Brio r is turned of at night, unless I've had a few beers and forget. I then then it on and it normally stays on all day whilst I'm in and out but it only ever gets turned on and off once a day!

it is strange though as the case seems to be warm when it's been sat doing nothing - then when I push if hard it's relatively cool!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts