records "jump" after 10 minutes

ram_g

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
hello all

on my technics 1300 mk2

most of my records " jump " after aprxx 10 minutes

its happening with 2 different cartridges and heads so i assume the problem is not there

also tried to add to the tracking force a bit /

but still happening ...

any ideas ?

thank you

ram_g

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
thank you
yes i did .

its always in this specific "area" on the lp
the first half is fine and around the middle it starts to make problems.
like it much more sensitive with numerous different lp's/
all fine till that point on the record.

ram_g

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
whats weird about its that in this specific area on the lp /
if the problem had been with down force and anti skating i would have problems also in the first half ' no ?

abacus

If the arm and cartridge are set up correctly, and the records are also undamaged, then it could be a fault with the arm bearing or cables which are pulling on the arm.

If you move the arm to later in the record do you still have problems skipping, also move the arm across the record by hand (Above the record) to see if you can feel any problems.

Bill

Reactions: scene and Gray

ram_g

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
bias is fine
and also i think the arm ( as i check it manually )
stylus is brand new ( tried it with the old one as well withe a different cartridge )
it becomes most sensitive around mins10-12
after that is relatively fine and later again just around the end of the side .
just worried a bit to dismantle the whole arm

TrevC

It should even with the guard off, this doesn't answer the OPs question as to why it jumps......
:rolleyes:Yes it does, if the arm isn’t free he will have found the problem, The guard on bit is so he doesn’t trash his stylus when he blows it around. I agree with it probably being the trip mechanism, it will likely need to be dismantled and degreased.

Reactions: Al ears
:rolleyes:Yes it does, if the arm isn’t free he will have found the problem, The guard on bit is so he doesn’t trash his stylus when he blows it around. I agree with it probably being the trip mechanism, it will likely need to be dismantled and degreased.
I see where you're coming from. I was thinking it would only jump if it had downforce applied

TRENDING THREADS