Recommended speakers for CA Azur 651 Power Amp..

Any Recommended speakers for CA Azur 651 Power Amp (streammagic v2 source)? Was thinking bookshelf a plus sub. Focal Aria 906, Tannoy Precision or XT, Key R series? Older B&W also possible. Will consider floorstanders but think I may get a deeper sound with the ability to tune to the acoustics of my room with BS/Sub setup.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Afternoon David,

I stream Tidal/Spotify using my Cambridge Audio 751r into a pair of KEF r500. Tidal sounds glorious through the KEFs.

I would definitely recommend getting a demo if you can.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My experiences with Cambridge underscores its strengths in speed and timing. If there's a rhythm, an electrobeat or snappy drums, then your feet should be struggling to stay motionless, so I'd pay particular attention in any demo with speakers to ensure they also excel in these areas. It would be a shame to purchase speakers, which although may excel in other respects, manage to undo the Cambridge's strengths in the process.

If you're feat aren't tapping, move onto the next demo.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Dave but that's just no excuse. Spend £50 on fuel, save yourself some serious dosh in the long-term and go and demo your speakers. Even if you have to drive 100-200 miles. Please! Take your amp & streamer with you.

If you intend to keep this kit for years, surely it's better to be happy with it? The likelihood of finding what suits your taste first time is small. NEVER rely on magazine reviews or other people's opinions because our tastes are so different. My favourite speakers I have ever heard received a 4-star award in What Hifi magazine back in the day, but they suited my taste in a very 5-star way.

If you don't demo, you'll just be constantly swapping your kit and losing money big time. Or you'll just keep it but always have that feeling that you don't like it every time you use it. You have been warned.

So I'm still knocking this about! Kef R500 is out of my price bracket, Tannoy Precision (6.1 with Sub or 6.2). Aria 906 still in running but why the hell don't the let you Biwire these! Seems some stubborn Frenchman makes the decision for you! B&W 685 s2 out as I want a wood finish.

rainsoothe

Leeps said:
Sorry Dave but that's just no excuse.  Spend £50 on fuel, save yourself some serious dosh in the long-term and go and demo your speakers.  Even if you have to drive 100-200 miles.  Please!  Take your amp & streamer with you.

?

If you intend to keep this kit for years, surely it's better to be happy with it?  The likelihood of finding what suits your taste first time is small.  NEVER rely on magazine reviews or other people's opinions because our tastes are so different.  My favourite speakers I have ever heard received a 4-star award in What Hifi magazine back in the day, but they suited my taste in a very 5-star way.

?

If you don't demo, you'll just be constantly swapping your kit and losing money big time.  Or you'll just keep it but always have that feeling that you don't like it every time you use it.  You have been warned.
+1 - do it if you can, you'll end up spending that for sending gear back anyway. I'm not sure BW would be a good match, but don't discount kef, just look at KEF R300. Again, the Aria 906 are amazing, so they should really be on your list, as should the XTZ 99.26 mk II.

As for preamp, my first option is Cambridge Audio CXN.

Thanks all..Yes I'm agree ideally I need to hear the speakers first! However if I narrow down 2 or 3 with online dealers who are happy for me to audition at home then it will still likely cost less by the time I pay the return postage than go on a 400 mile round trip. The Kef R series consistently gets recommended albeit seems beyond my budget (which is £400-£600 ideally).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts