Recommendations of Dlna app / media server

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

hi everyone, has anyone got any views on good dlna third party apps. Needing it for my Cyrus streamer. I am looking for a smart app that I can say select hd music files and from there search genre, so whittling down selections, to put into playlists.

im interested in innuos products but thus far have not found such an app. Maybe it’s in the dlna media server? I’m trying plex, and am trying to configure iPeng. Maybe what I want doesn’t exist

many thanks for any comments

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
*good*I used BubbleUPnP for a while, before using proprietary apps. Not used the latest incarnation, but it seemed to do everything you describe. And welcome back.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
hi everyone, has anyone got any views on good dlna third party apps. Needing it for my Cyrus streamer. I am looking for a smart app that I can say select hd music files and from there search genre, so whittling down selections, to put into playlists.

im interested in innuos products but thus far have not found such an app. Maybe it’s in the dlna media server? I’m trying plex, and am trying to configure iPeng. Maybe what I want doesn’t exist

many thanks for any comments

If you are interested in Innuos products then you can use Logitech Media Server (LMS) with iPeng as your controller on their kit. LMS supports a couple of 3rd party plugins called Custom Browse and Multi-Library. I use these and have one library for classical, one for DJ Mixes and one for everything else. Within each library you can then search by artist, album, album artist, Year, genre, etc. etc. Honestly it is pretty limitless.

BTW welcome back. All good?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Thanks for comments. All relatively ok, thanks.

I’ve tried bubble upnp but it doesn’t quite have the function to search and whittle things down, which means you sometimes miss some tracks which get ‘hidden’ in the library, especially if a single track you have off an album, but you don’t recognise so much the track, that you would otherwise do whittling it down to track name etc. I like the idea to sort first by hi res or not and whether it’s a ‘single’ or not. I hate ‘singles’ tracks taking up space in the album view when they shouldn’t be there.

I like your idea gazzip. I suppose if you could create playlists common to all your subdivides eg classical Share and your other ones too, that would solve the problems I’d me, as a work around a ‘smart’ app. I think on some media servers you can set separate shares but hopefully the playlists can work off them all. I think with a smart app that allows you to make selections to whittle things down, you could put in metadata into the music, so that the app searches according to metadata and then further metadata selections as necessary. Eg hd sort, then classical genre. Then put select hd classical into a playlist. Don’t think it exists but if doesn’t and I was an IT whiz kid, I reckon I’d be into something as a Dlna upnp pushing app.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts