Recommendations for relaxing music please!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden album

Many thanks for all your suggestions BBB :) I will add these to the list in due course, although my sonos queue is currently in excess of 250 songs and doesn't seem very happy, so I'll work my way through a few albums first :)

I'm averaging a little under 2 songs per album going onto the playlist, which is good going for me and a sign of the high quality of suggestions :clap: If anyone has any more thoughts, please keep them coming :)

Andrej_1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
With my best wishes:

Jon Mark or Mark/Almond anything...

George Winston (maybe December)

Pat Matheny (C. Haden): Beyond the Missoury Sky

It could be a long list...

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's a few :

Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon

Neroli

Global Communication - 76.14

Caroline Lavelle - Spirit

Ed Alleyne-Johnson - Purple Electric Violin

Edgar Froese - Aqua ( that'll get her going , in more ways than one ! )

Gas - Konigsforst

Nah und Fern

Zauberberg

Harold Budd - Abandoned cities

Johann Johannson - Englaborn

Fordlandia

Klaus Schulze - Kontinuum

Virtual Outback

Lisa Gerrard - The mirror pool

Duality

Loop Guru - The Third Chamber

Plastikman - Consumed .

That lot should last nearly 24 hours and if at the end of that time she still hasn't dropped play her Release The Bats by The Birthday Party . That should do the trick !

Good luck . You're gonna need it .

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

shropshire lad said:
Here's a few :

Neroli

Gas - Konigsforst

Nah und Fern

Zauberberg

Fordlandia

Virtual Outback

Duality

Plastikman - Consumed .

That lot should last nearly 24 hours and if at the end of that time she still hasn't dropped play her Release The Bats by The Birthday Party . That should do the trick !

Maybe Blast Off by TheBirthday Party would be more Appropriate
wink.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

shropshire lad said:
Here's a few :

Neroli

Gas - Konigsforst

Nah und Fern

Zauberberg

Fordlandia

Virtual Outback

Duality

Plastikman - Consumed .

Maybe Blast Off by TheBirthday Party would be more Appropriate

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Just remembered a suggestion from another thread

try Ulrich Schnauss Underrated Silence, after listening I bought the CD straight away, nice and relaxing.

Good luck and congratulations

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Andrej_1 said:
With my best wishes:

Jon Mark or Mark/Almond anything...

George Winston (maybe December)

Pat Matheny (C. Haden): Beyond the Missoury Sky

It could be a long list...

Thanks for your suggestions Andrej :) All added to have a listen to. Playlist is 39 songs and just short of 4 hours at present :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
Here's a few :

Neroli

Gas - Konigsforst

Nah und Fern

Zauberberg

Fordlandia

Virtual Outback

Duality

Plastikman - Consumed .

Thanks for the great list! :) I have listened to bits from many of the artists and like :) Have you listened to And In the Endless Pause There Came the Sound of Bees?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
theo12 said:
Just remembered a suggestion from another thread

try Ulrich Schnauss Underrated Silence, after listening I bought the CD straight away, nice and relaxing.

Good luck and congratulations

If you are a fan of Ulrich Schnauss you must (if you haven't already) listen to Blue Skied 'An Clear. Unfortunately Underrated Silence does not appear to be on spotify, but great suggestion, I'm a big fan of Schnauss and the Morr Music label :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
In case it hasn't already been mentioned, something from Bryan Ferry / Roxy music (eg. Avalon)

Thanks for your continued suggestions Cno :)

Fwiw, my sonos queue is currently at 528 tracks! I have some serious listening to be getting on with :grin:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
CnoEvil said:
In case it hasn't already been mentioned, something from Bryan Ferry / Roxy music (eg. Avalon)

Thanks for your continued suggestions Cno :)

Fwiw, my sonos queue is currently at 528 tracks! I have some serious listening to be getting on with :grin:

When all is over, can we pick the name!! :grin:

A

Anonymous

Hi Ben, it's really nice what you are doing and I expect it will be appreciated but (sorry for stating the obvious) just don't get carried away and forget to include all of her favourite songs in this playlist - I suspect no amount of soothing music would be better than her favourite songs which make her happy.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
96.jpg
this is about as layed back as they come . good luck with your new baby enjoy every little moment for time flys and it will only seem like one minute 1st school middle school high school and then you will be helping said offspring move into there first new home or uni haveing just moved my 23 year old son into his new home I know. best wishes to you and you new family:cheers: :) :)

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, i'll give that a try when I am off later in the week.

You could try the 30 second snippits available on the Amazon mp3 store for the ulrich schnauss album.

If you like a bit of ambient, the try stars of the lid "and their refinemet of the decline" in particular track 3 "articulated silences part 2 which uses strings in an orchestral fashion along with some electronics. I have found it profound and soothing.

This I know is on Spotify I checked before replying !!

It's another tip I gleaned from another thread, big up to the provider BTW.

Maybe worth waiting until the big day is over and give a serious listen to.

Thanks again

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
SteveD said:
Hi Ben, it's really nice what you are doing and I expect it will be appreciated but (sorry for stating the obvious) just don't get carried away and forget to include all of her favourite songs in this playlist - I suspect no amount of soothing music would be better than her favourite songs which make her happy.

Thanks for the thought Steve :) I have included a number of songs from a playlist we've both listened to a lot recently, will be checking if there's anything in particular she wants on and running it all past her beforehand to see if there's anything she doesn't like / doesn't approve of.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
toyota man said:
96.jpg
this is about as layed back as they come . good luck with your new baby enjoy every little moment for time flys and it will only seem like one minute 1st school middle school high school and then you will be helping said offspring move into there first new home or uni haveing just moved my 23 year old son into his new home I know. best wishes to you and you new family:cheers: :) :)

Many thanks toyota man :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
theo12 said:
Thanks for the tip, i'll give that a try when I am off later in the week.

You could try the 30 second snippits available on the Amazon mp3 store for the ulrich schnauss album.

If you like a bit of ambient, the try stars of the lid "and their refinemet of the decline" in particular track 3 "articulated silences part 2 which uses strings in an orchestral fashion along with some electronics. I have found it profound and soothing.

This I know is on Spotify I checked before replying !!

It's another tip I gleaned from another thread, big up to the provider BTW.

Maybe worth waiting until the big day is over and give a serious listen to.

Thanks again

It looks like the Schnauss album is a new release, and as his earlier work is on spotify I'm hopeful it'll appear at some stage. I've added it to my amazon wish list so I don't forget. I've also added the Stars of the Lid album to my queue, I like the sound of the title :) I am 'starring' any tracks I like the sound of to go back to later, although I'm not sure quite how much music time I'll get for a while.... :grin:

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am sure the little one will take up quite a bit of your time, but as they say patience is a virtue and from the suggestions you have had you have a really cool play list as long as your arm and further.

Good Luck and let me know how little one fares and if you liked the suggestions.

All the best

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Far From the Maddening Crowds - Chicane

15 years old and still has a place close to the top of my most played albums list.

Ghost - Devin Townsend Project

I dont think anyone expected this from the lunatic that is Devin "Heavy Devy" Townsend (Anyone that could come up with an album like Ziltoid, which kicks ass btw, is downright certifiable!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts