Recommendations for relaxing music please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
visionary said:
BenLaw said:
visionary said:
Julee Cruise 'Floating into the Night'

Selected tracks from 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' and 'Local Hero' are soothing/soporific too

Thanks, have added julee cruise to queue :)

Sorry, are the other two albums? Who by? Struggling to locate on spotify :oops:

Thanks,

Ben

Sorry, they are film soundtracks, artists involved include Neil Diamond and Mark Knopfler

There were a few 'local hero' albums and I was hoping it would be the mark knopfler one :) I will add this to the q to listen to, many thanks.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
GSB said:
Silk road2 is one of my favourites,but then there are so many to be honest....one of his albums(Tenku) starts wi a lil baby crying... :grin:

He uses a vast aray of percusion,from eastern to western....some incredible symphs....and lots of nature sounds,worht a listen:)

Great, thanks. I listened to and very much enjoyed one of the many live albums, I will check these out too :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Try the track Waiting For Cousteau by Jean Michel Jarre from the album of the same name. It's a 46 minute track which is about as relaxed as you can get.

I was enjoying Oxygene before going to bed last night, so I will check this out too, thanks David.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm not a fan of JMJ myself, but a colleague was at the first place I worked at, so I used to hear his stuff by default, and ended up buying this album as it was a decent demo disc at the time. I used to use this track to fall asleep to!

A

Anonymous

I would highly recommend the Dead Can Dance back catalogue which is available on Spotify.

Hope all goes well with the new arrival.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Following artists may help:

Jean Michel Jarre

William Orbit

Tomita

Pat Metheny

Establish control over the little blighter immediately. If it is clean, fed and not unwell then if it is still bawling let it carry on, DON'T PICK IT UP. This way you will establish who is boss and have decent sleep patterns. It may seem harsh but it works and is better for you and the baby.

Congrats by the way and I hope everything goes well.

:cheers:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'm not a fan of JMJ myself, but a colleague was at the first place I worked at, so I used to hear his stuff by default, and ended up buying this album as it was a decent demo disc at the time. I used to use this track to fall asleep to!

Doesn't seem to be on spotify unfortunately.... Thanks anyway.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
relocated said:

Jean Michel Jarre

William Orbit

Tomita

Pat Metheny

Establish control over the little blighter immediately. If it is clean, fed and not unwell then if it is still bawling let it carry on, DON'T PICK IT UP. This way you will establish who is boss and have decent sleep patterns. It may seem harsh but it works and is better for you and the baby.

Thanks, something from each added to queue :) And thanks for the tips and congrats :)

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
relocated said:

Jean Michel Jarre

William Orbit

Tomita

Pat Metheny

+1 but also:

don't tiptoe around it either. Do the vacuuming, play your music etc. and let junior get used to that "ambient noise"

all the best

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
visionary said:
relocated said:

Jean Michel Jarre

William Orbit

Tomita

Pat Metheny

+1 but also:

don't tiptoe around it either. Do the vacuuming, play your music etc. and let junior get used to that "ambient noise"

all the best

Thanks :) I don't think we're going to have time not to do vacuuming and housework around him ;) And I plan to indoctrinate him in the ways of HiFi and home theatre from a very early age :)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
The Last resort- The Eagles (and lots of others by them if you want a bigger list)

Girl in motion- Nils Lofgren

Any Enya/Clannad

Time in a bottle- Jim Croce(plus several others)

Some James Taylor/Jim Reeves/Nat King Cole

and Opeth for the birth so you don't hear her scream "will you **** off with the breathing advice,and bite a chunk off your arm.

(yes I got that)

A

Anonymous

Ben, I wish you and your family well, congratulations.

I highly recommend The KLF "Chill Out".

Needs to be heard all the way through but soothing as well as giving you something to concentrate on and really listen to.

Only problem is I'm not sure it's on Spotify and can't check as don't use it.

Other recommendations are Enigma, Deep Forest (wow, they take me back) Chicane "Behind The Sun" and Enya.

Best wishes

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David Sylvian - Silver Moon

Equally beautiful.

A lot of Sylvian's stuff is extremely chilled, I especially like the Gone To Earth and Secrets Of The Beehive albums.

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The Last resort- The Eagles (and lots of others by them if you want a bigger list)

Girl in motion- Nils Lofgren

Any Enya/Clannad

Time in a bottle- Jim Croce(plus several others)

Some James Taylor/Jim Reeves/Nat King Cole

and Opeth for the birth so you don't hear her scream "will you **** off with the breathing advice,and bite a chunk off your arm.

(yes I got that)

Many thanks RGD :) Eagles not on Spotify, but other items added to listen to.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
SteveD said:
Ben, I wish you and your family well, congratulations.

I highly recommend The KLF "Chill Out".

Needs to be heard all the way through but soothing as well as giving you something to concentrate on and really listen to.

Only problem is I'm not sure it's on Spotify and can't check as don't use it.

Other recommendations are Enigma, Deep Forest (wow, they take me back) Chicane "Behind The Sun" and Enya.

Best wishes

Thank you :)

Can't find any full albums by the KLF unfortunately, just appear on a few compilations. Have 3 albums by Enigma, and Le Roi Est Mort Vive Le Roi is one of our favourite albums, I'm thinking it may be a little intense (even in a kind of mellow way) but I will listen again and check. I will look into the others, thanks :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts