Recommendations for relaxing music please!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Nice one Ben

Congratulations to you both on the birth of your fantastic little boy.

I hope it was Neu that finally saw him into the world, a krautrocking baby. Brilliant!!!

Thanks BBB :) Can't actually remember which was the 'last' song was, had other things on my mind ;) Thanks for all your suggestions, I particularly enjoyed all the Talk Talk, a number of which made the short list but not the final cut, but are on another playlist of mine now :)

A

Anonymous

i find any music relaxing as long as it isnt heavy metal :rockout:

A

Anonymous

Robin Guthrie has an album titled "Songs to help my children sleep." It's a bit experimental but the songs really are beautiful. You should check it out :)

BenLaw said:
Playlist worked a treat, thanks folks :)

Here is the result:

7591690148_149605129f_z.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. BenLaw! :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
His musical entry to the world seems to have inspired him:

43d01fec.jpg

From the position of the hands I'd say maybe a drummer like you Chris? ;)

Not so sure...

I don't know what you're playing him, but I reckon he's got his fingers in his ears!!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi BenLaw how are you enjoying being a Dad its about the best job in the world and as he gets older it gets better how is the young man and Clodagh both well I hope :cheers: :cheers:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi BenLaw how are you enjoying being a Dad its about the best job in the world and as he gets older it gets better how is the young man and Clodagh both well I hope :cheers: :cheers:

Hi toyota man, and thanks for asking :)

Clodagh and Asher are both fantastic, very healthy and doing really well :) I'm really enjoying fatherhood, going back to work after 2 weeks of paternity leave was a bit of a wrench but fortunately I'm managing to get home early fairly often at the moment :)

Cheers,

Ben

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:
His musical entry to the world seems to have inspired him:

43d01fec.jpg

From the position of the hands I'd say maybe a drummer like you Chris? ;)

Not so sure...

I don't know what you're playing him, but I reckon he's got his fingers in his ears!!

Possibly, but I'd say his taste is pretty good. This was his reaction to One Direction coming on the telly last night:

023.jpg

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Benlaw,

Just remembered that I would let you know how the A Winged Victory For The Sullen was.

However first I should ask... how are the family and is llittle one letting you get a night's sleep?

So, it was awesome, the bringing together of strings and keyboards and treated guitar sounds are definitely an amazing combination.

And hearing this stuff loud and live was extremely uplifting and totally new for me. As the months past by towards this concert I played this album relentlessly such is it's hold over me. I am sure eventually I will put it down for a while, but it is a great set to play whilst browsing the internet.

Anyway, I will let you know if they tour again in the UK as I think that, if you have enjoyed the album, the live experience is every bit worth the effort.

As an aside from the concert last night, I was asked if I had a lighter (I smoke ) and got talking to a guy who is signed up to a site called miles of smiles. Anyhoo he e-mailed me a link from them to get tickets to see Stars of the Lid in Hackney (again) in December. I simply can not believe my luck. When I bought the tickets there were only 49 left and the venue is quite small and this is on the day after the guy received the e-mail no less.

So if you like I will let you know how that goes.

In the meantime there are live videos on youtube for AWVFTS if you want an idea, the one thing I should say is that they are only a tiny representation of the live event, being there was something else altogether, but you do get some sense of it.

Hope all is well and your spotify list enormous

Happy listening

Theo12

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
For chilled out electronica have a listen to an album called 'Dive' by 'Tycho' or an album called 'XX' by 'The XX'.

If you like mellow easy listening blues/country music then give Eric Bibb a try, he's really good.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
theo12 said:
Hi Benlaw,

Just remembered that I would let you know how the A Winged Victory For The Sullen was.

However first I should ask... how are the family and is llittle one letting you get a night's sleep?

So, it was awesome, the bringing together of strings and keyboards and treated guitar sounds are definitely an amazing combination.

And hearing this stuff loud and live was extremely uplifting and totally new for me. As the months past by towards this concert I played this album relentlessly such is it's hold over me. I am sure eventually I will put it down for a while, but it is a great set to play whilst browsing the internet.

Anyway, I will let you know if they tour again in the UK as I think that, if you have enjoyed the album, the live experience is every bit worth the effort.

As an aside from the concert last night, I was asked if I had a lighter (I smoke ) and got talking to a guy who is signed up to a site called miles of smiles. Anyhoo he e-mailed me a link from them to get tickets to see Stars of the Lid in Hackney (again) in December. I simply can not believe my luck. When I bought the tickets there were only 49 left and the venue is quite small and this is on the day after the guy received the e-mail no less.

So if you like I will let you know how that goes.

In the meantime there are live videos on youtube for AWVFTS if you want an idea, the one thing I should say is that they are only a tiny representation of the live event, being there was something else altogether, but you do get some sense of it.

Hope all is well and your spotify list enormous

Happy listening

Theo12

Hi Theo, nice to hear from you and thanks for remembering this thread :) The gig you went to sounds fantastic, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. There's nothing like a really great gig :) There is still no AWVFTS on spotify so on the back of this resounding recommendation and the fact we clearly have some similar tastes in music I have just ordered the CD :)

Glad to hear about the Stars of the Lid gig also, still enjoying their music a lot (have a number of tracks on my spotify favourites playlist), do let us know how the gig goes.

Thanks for asking re the family also. Overall, we're doing surprisingly well with sleep. After about 6 weeks he started sleeping for periods of 6-8 hours (unless he had a cold) so was basically giving us a full night's sleep. We then phased him into getting an early bedtime, about 8pm, and now he either sleeps through until we get up or needs one feed, and even then usually only because his nose has got a bit blocked and woken him up. He's also an utter delight and fantastically cute :)

Cheers,

Ben

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts