Recommend me an amp (secondhand) for c.£100

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, i've been teetering on the edge of buying a hifi for ages now. I listened to a Marantz 6003 set-up the other day and loved it, but I really can't afford it. I'd like to try and get a similar quality of sound from second hand sourced separates so i'd like to tap into the experience out there and see what i should look for. I know the Pioneer a400 is rated and come within budget, but i'd really like to have a remote capability.

So, I'm looking forward to all suggestions, and if you like, any matching speaker recommendations too.

Cheers folks,

Dave

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
NAD C350s and C340s go for surprisingly low prices. My mint '350 went for 84 quid a few months back...

They also have ISC circuitry and hefty power supplies so they will drive just about any speakers- I used mine with Celestion 66 Monitors (a very nasty load for any amp) and it was awesome.

I found the 350 a good match with Monitor Audio BR series, and B&W 601s3s.

John Duncan

If I were looking second hand, I would try to stretch my budget to £200. The law of eBay pricing states that £100 might buy you a £150 or £200 five-star amp, but £200 will buy you a £500 four-star one...

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
It is tempting always to stretch the budget that little bit extra, but i'm trying to be strict here, so £100 it is, maybe +25% if needed...

I'm keen to stop dithering and start listening to my music on something better than my poxy 2.1 PC speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts