Reciever upgrade?

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello all

I feel my Denon 1910 is not playing ball with my Kef 3005 SE speakers...

The centre sounds a bit dull (and low volume) and generally don't think I'm getting the best out of these speakers

Bugdet would be no more than £500

Now i'm not bothered at all about Airplay, Spotify etc as I use taht on my laptop, just general sound really

I'm not over keen on Onkyo (over heating i genrally find on otehr forums) but i did find a ONKYO TXSR876 for £299....now it is old and it could be overkill but would a Onkyo 609 be better than the 876? ( iwould of thought not)

cheers

I would recommend this for a significant step up in sonic quality:

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/products/productdetail/Yamaha+RX-A810++AV+Receiver++%28Save+300%29/part_number=RX-A810/1765.0.4.3.58511.0.0.0.0?pp=40&sort_selection=price_low_high&

A

Anonymous

If you've concerned about heat then avoid the 876 - could have cooked eggs on my old one, it is one heck on an amp though and I'd partner it with something larger than your eggs ideally. The 876 is a much higher spec model than the 609 but is missing some of the more up-to-date features. I'd follow bigbosses advice, the Aventage receivers are at great prices right now for what you're getting.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd also look at the Yamaha's too. The 3005 packages always worked well with them (as well as other manufacturers), and sounded great on older Yamaha receivers in the £1,500 region, so no, it wouldn't be overkill looking at £1,000 receivers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts