Reasonable delivery times

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ordered a Samsung UE46C8000 3D TV 8 weeks ago from a large independant store , was £400 cheaper than anywhere else with 0% finance and 5 year warranty,however , i am still waiting for it and when i phone or go in they cant give me any imformation on delivery and just say Samsung have overstreched themselves and cant supply more than 60 TVs of this model into the UK a week. Where do i stand legally , i have paid a large deposit and feel they are trying to get me to cancel as they messed up on the price . What is a reasonable length of time to wait for Electrical items???

Which store did you order from? Maybe they are telling the truth about the short supply. The only you can find that out, by checking other shops & asking them about the delivery lead time.

From the legal point of view, you can cancel your order anytime for a full refund.

A

Anonymous

If I ordered from a store, I would expect it to be delivered within a week, but unfortunately most of them don't seem too bothered once they've taken your money. I don't understand why more people don't buy online. It's perfectly safe, as long as you have decent security, and you'd have your tv within days, plus you save literally hundreds of pounds. I bought my Sony from Amazon and saved £300 and it was delivered in 2 days.

A

Anonymous

Currys online have availability in one store near me for reserve and collect and will also deliver from the central depot by Thursday this week. That suggests supply isn't what you are being told - at least for Currys. They could well be getting the lions share of the shipments though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts