Re. Ultimate Guide to Blue-Ray.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
How's it goin' guys?

Received my copy of Ultimate Guide to Blue-Ray.Plenty of reviews of glossy-looking kit to drool over.

Particularly interested in the review of Marantz's UD9400 Universal player.Though,a comparison of Denon's DVD-A1UD with Marantz's machine would have been the icing on the cake.

I've provisionally booked an audition to compare the 2 Universal players myself,when i return from India.

Cheers.

BABUR.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hiya Nick,

I realise no universal player,no matter how expensive,could be expected to out-perform dedicated audiophile CD/SACD players or transports & DAC's,such as those produced by the likes of DCS,EMM-Labs,Marantz,TEAC - Esoteric & Wadia etc.

But i'd be interested to know exactly how close you think the Denon DVD-A1UD & Marantz UD9004's CD/SACD replay gets to those high-end marques' products.

Would you know whether they're capable of handling SACD's via HDMI at their native DSD,or would they simply convert the signal to PCM?

Lastly.What exactly are the differences between the 1.3,1.3a,1.3b,1.3c & 1.4 HDMI interfaces & do they have backward compatibility ie.could a HDMI 1.4 version cable be used with an older version of input/output?

Cheers.

BABUR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts