RCA/PHONO CONNECTORS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Cany anyone tell me the size of the rca/phono connectors on the back of a Yamaha 763. I fitted 8mm to my sub cable but it dosent seem to work and am wondering if the rca connection is to big. I used different connectors for the speakers and they are all ok. Not sure what size they were as they were an old set i had lying around.

The satelites are fine but th sub just hums

Can anyone help?

Note Yamaha 763 - Kef 2005.3

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
soulstyle:Cany anyone tell me the size of the rca/phono connectors on the back of a Yamaha 763. I fitted 8mm to my sub cable but it dosent seem to work and am wondering if the rca connection is to big.

Not too sure what the question means. RCA phono connectors are a standard size, so are you saying you fitted an 8mm banana-style connector on the cable for an active subwoofer? If so, then you will only get hum, as the subwoofer preout connector on the receiver has two conductors - the central pin and the outer collar - and that's what the subwoofer line/low-level connector needs.

In other words, unless I'm reading your question entirely wrong, you need a single standard interconnect run to the subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou Andrew, thats my exact problem. I didnt realise the sub-preout had a connection to the outer pin. I may buy myself a pre-made cable for the sub.

Does anyone have a good link to how i can make this cable myself?

Many Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
All it needs is a single interconnect/microphone cable, usually with an inner conductor and an outer braid, with an RCA phono plug on each end.

Given that you can buy a 5m one for a fiver, as here, it hardly seems worth the effort of making your own.

A

Anonymous

You dead right! For that money, it not worth wasting my time.

Many Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts