ratio DAC+amplifier speakers

ThijsJ

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
let's say you have to spend 5,000 pounds or euros in total for a DAC+amplifier and speakers, how much would you spend on the DAC+amplifier, and how much on the speakers?

2500/2500 or
3500/1500 or
1500/3500 or
..... / .....?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Different folks/different strokes. If I had 5000 I'd read about and try and demo as much as I could. I couldn't in all honesty though think that anything more than an m-dac or maybe the m-dac+ would be required dac wise. Lots think that the differenceces between a 100 pond and 10,000 pound dac are subtle.

It probably would be better to see what you need and want out of your system. usually when we have a budget we go slightly over, though one might not need to spend 5000 on a system to be great

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ID. said:
A pair of Genelec 8351A in white could be snuck into that budget. 

Then I'd drive them from my iPhone ;)

+1 but in black... Could be my final upgrade path... If I win the lottery! ;-)

Upgrade of NAS too, something that could maybe incorporate Roon Core.

Rimse

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
dac is very important.I would say entry to "state of the art" .From ayre to bryston or chord etc..or may be audio research .For that kind of money depending on musical taste amp and speakers is possible build very nice sounding system

Rimse said:
dac is very important.I would say entry to "state of the art" .From ayre to bryston or chord etc..or may be audio research .For that kind of money depending on musical taste amp and speakers is possible build very nice sounding system
Interested to see your kit, as I almost suggested rather than 50:50 that he get something like a Denon PMA 2500 and a pair of your lovely Harbeths. That would be about £1800 and £3300 and includes a DAC!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Rimse said:
Just got the Chord 2Qtue dac. Its a revelation on my system. Actually sometimes I feel it sounds too analogue. Even the hardest of recording sound good on the Chord. Now this is the total opposite of how Chord has sounded to me in the pass. The saying has never be more real. Garbage in, garbage out. Its extremely dynamic yet at the same time very analogue sounding. I would give it serious consideration the chord. *dirol*

Rimse

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
lightbulb.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts