radio stations

A

Anonymous

Occasionally catch the George Lamb show on Radio 6 whilst in work, that's about the extent of my wireless listening.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
4, 5 and the abominable Southern Counties Radio for the traffic in the mornings.
Roots Rock Reggae and FIP if there's an internet radio knocking about the place.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
FM - BBC R2 & R4, very occasionally R3. Internet - BBC R6, R7, Planet Rock, Absolute Classic Rock, Our Kind Of Music (Sinatra; Astaire; Crosby etc), A few of the SomaFM stations, plus a few bookmarked in mediamonkey, can't remember what they are. Freeform Underground (classic 60's psychedelic rock) on Live365 but it's closing down on 22 December due to the US economy.I would say none are on religiously though R4 tends to be on the most.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If I'm working with others, it's Absolute radio, (nee Virgin), as it has the right mix of music for most tastes. If I'm alone and want to hear music (other than CD), it's usually XFM, but 90% of my radio listening is BBC London 94.9.

I don't know about you guys, but people I'm not a fan of on TV, are perectly acceptable on radio. IMO, Danny Baker can be a bit OTT on TV, but I think his show from 3 - 5 on 94.9 is one of the best things out there.

Robert Elms is a bit sanctimonius, but he can have quite good guests/segments.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't listen to the radio nearly as much as I used to. I spend my working day trying to tolerate the horrors of commercial radio, oh the joys of the workplace!

At home I'll listen to Radio 3 on FM, Resonance and WNYU on the internet.

matthewpiano

Usually Century FM in the car on the way to work, because it gives me a good mix of chat, laughter, music and news.

On the way home it tends to be 'In Tune' on Radio 3 with Sean Rafferty. Superb programme.

Favourite stations would be BBC R2, R3, R4, Century FM, Jazz FM and Rock Radio (a newish local Bolton/Gtr. Manchester station that we often have on at work).

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
I like Jazz FM (DAB) in the car in the morning. Chill, when I get to work and Chris Evans on the way home. Must listen to R1 for Pete Tong on a Friday.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Radio Paradise (192kbps quality, AAC via iTunes and my DAC)....

http://www.radioparadise.com/index.php

Awesome sound quality, great choice of music, no ads, no egotistical, overpaid DJs. (A very brief station announcement every 30 minutes or so.)

I will sometimes listen to Suzi Quatro's programme on BBC radio 2 on a Saturday evening at 20:00 and my wife listens to the Archers on Radio 4.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Danny Baker can be a bit OTT on TV, but I think his show from 3 - 5 on 94.9 is one of the best things out there.

Absolutely - perfect, inventive and always unexpected. Oh and NPR's Car Talk and APM's Prairie Home Companion via t'Interweb.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I work at home a lot of the time so the radio is on for quite a lot of the day.

Until 10am - I listen to Moyles, Radio 1. I know lots of people hate him, but I still think hes funny. At 10am I have to turn off Radio 1 as I cant stand Edith Bowman or whoever seems to be in for Jo Whiley. So until 4pm its generally 6 Music or XFM (unless George Lamb is on, which is that is the case its definitely XFM - his overly forced accent puts me off before I even listen to the tripe coming from his mouth!). At 4pm I'll probably listen to Scott Mills, and generally hear some of Zane Lowe also. Annie Mac and Pete Tong are great shows too.

From reading this back I have just realised what a valuable purchase my portable DAB was!

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Oh, I forgot Radio 2! Sometimes I'll stick Chris Evans on. Also Radio 2 have some great documentaries, like the series they did a couple of months back with Zoe Ball about the history of house music from mid 80's through to the present day.

I flippin love the BBC!
emotion-2.gif

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
BBC R4, R2, R3, World service, Classic fm, occasionaly Talksport at night time.

Would like to find some really good classical and speech stations on the internet from around the world. Have found lots of radio stations which are just playlists without any presenters.

Can anyone recommend some internet radio stations based outside of the UK with a comparable content quality to BBC or Classic fm ?

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Most of the time its Planet Rock. Then in no particular order its Real FM, or Citytalk from Liverpool or Absolute. Find myself listening to more and more radio these days.

Miggs

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
JamesOK:
Oh, I forgot Radio 2! Sometimes I'll stick Chris Evans on. Also Radio 2 have some great documentaries, like the series they did a couple of months back with Zoe Ball about the history of house music from mid 80's through to the present day.

I flippin love the BBC!
emotion-2.gif

Since my last post Ive bought an internet radio. Its brilliant (even if the quality isnt top notch). So now I can listen to stations all over the world. KROQ in Los Angeles is pretty good, I also like Kerrang from the midlands and some more obscure ones from abroad.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
mikegtar: Have found lots of radio stations which are just playlists without any presenters.

Me too - many of the American stations I found on reciva.com are like that. I cant see how people listen to them.

A

Anonymous

In the car I listen to the local independent channel Radio Clyde 1

At home, I love Internet radio...mostly a station from Canada called We Funk, and Emancipation Radio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts