Radio 1 and 2 no internet radio

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hope this is the correct place to post this.

I listen to the radio via my M1CLIC network player but recently have been unable to obtain the above stations. I get a message saying " server error"

The other BBC radio stations all work. Can anyone shed any light on this? Any help greatly appreciated

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
A while back I had this with BBC World Service on my receiver's favourites. I found they'd just changed the listed name slightly, so if I searched for it in the conventional manner by just scrolling through all the listings to locate the stations, I could overwrite my previous favourites.

Not sure if that's the case here, but it's worth a try.

Do you have Bluetooth or Airplay? The new BBC Radio app is excellent and lovely to use. Just another option.

Of course, it could be the special Musical Fidelity "Taste in Music" filter that's come on my mistake and automatically filtered out these stations.
imagegif

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
There should be a cheeky smiling face at the end of the last post, which should have put my last comment into its rightful context...not to be taken too seriously (along with most of my comments).

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Leeps said:
A while back I had this with BBC World Service on my receiver's favourites. I found they'd just changed the listed name slightly, so if I searched for it in the conventional manner by just scrolling through all the listings to locate the stations, I could overwrite my previous favourites.

Not sure if that's the case here, but it's worth a try.

Do you have Bluetooth or Airplay? The new BBC Radio app is excellent and lovely to use. Just another option.

Of course, it could be the special Musical Fidelity "Taste in Music" filter that's come on my mistake and automatically filtered out these stations.

Hi. I dont have any stored as favourites, it just has all the radio stations listed. Its under the BBC heading. I dont use Bluetooth or Airplay as the MICLIC is wired to the amp.

Steve

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Womaz said:
Can anyone help with this please?

I'd heard the BBC is doing some work on its streaming services, but both Radio 1 and Radio 2 are present, correct and working on the vTuner system, which is what the M1CLiC uses. In fact I'm listening to Radio 1 on another vTuner device as I type this: please can I stop now before I go insane? ;-)

You could try going into the vTuner page for your unit at http://streamunlimited.vtuner.com, using the access code your M1CLiC provides, and setting up the stations as favourites. See page 13 of the manual for details: if you've lost the manual, you can get it at http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/catalogerfiles/m1clic/4_M1CLiC-manual-v5.pdf

Hope this helps

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
tinkywinkydipsylalapo said:
Womaz said:
Can anyone help with this please?

I'd heard the BBC is doing some work on its streaming services, but both Radio 1 and Radio 2 are present, correct and working on the vTuner system, which is what the M1CLiC uses. In fact I'm listening to Radio 1 on another vTuner device as I type this: please can I stop now before I go insane? ;-)

You could try going into the vTuner page for your unit at http://streamunlimited.vtuner.com, using the access code your M1CLiC provides, and setting up the stations as favourites. See page 13 of the manual for details: if you've lost the manual, you can get it at http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/catalogerfiles/m1clic/4_M1CLiC-ma...

Hope this helps

Thank you for the post, much appreciated. I have no idea what you mean but I will dig out my manual and see if I can follow the instructions. Just not sure what difference adding it to my favourites will make if it is not available and i get the above "server error" message.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I follwed the above and registered etc, added the station to a Favourites list, but still got the same message..........no idea where I go from here. Anyone any suggestions?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:
davedotco said:
This might be a bit radical, but have you tried speaking to MF?

Will try that , just in the past this forum has been of great help.

For something that 'technical' and that specific, the manufacturer should be your first call, i would doubt if anyone could help unless they have had the exact same problem, unlikely I would have thought.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
For something that 'technical' and that specific, the manufacturer should be your first call, i would doubt if anyone could help unless they have had the exact same problem, unlikely I would have thought.

[/quote]

Just rang MF and they said the helpline was only available between 1pm and 3pm, so would I please call back in these times........yes you guessed it I rang at 2.15pm...*biggrin*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:

Just rang MF and they said the helpline was only available between 1pm and 3pm, so would I please call back in these times........yes you guessed it I rang at 2.15pm...*biggrin*

[/quote]

That was their lunch break.....*ROFL*

Bloody poor show though, never had much time for the company in the 'old' days, sounds like they are no better now.

Keep trying though, try email too.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
They operate from a glorified 'lock-up' garage. What do you expect, a 24x7 multi-lingual, international helpdesk?

Most of the UK's hi-fi industry have premises like this (or even smaller), even some supposedly 'big' names.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
Womaz said:

Bloody poor show though, never had much time for the company in the 'old' days, sounds like they are no better now.

[/quote]

You cant even email them!! they dont have an email address. Also been on website to get contact details, just the telephone number and an address to write too.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Womaz said:
davedotco said:
Womaz said:

You cant even email them!! they dont have an email address. Also been on website to get contact details, just the telephone number and an address to write too.

[/quote]

It just gets worse.......*dash1*

And you have spent how much on equipment from this bunch of numpties?

Did you buy from a dealer, maybe he will have 'other' contact details? Presumeably they answer when he phones up to place an order.

If it was me, I would keep trying for a few more days, to be fair, they might be all at CES for example, but if I get knowhere on the phone I would drive round and ask to speak to someone who can help me.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well MF could t help'. My dealer says I can take it in, but it's finding the time and when I visit the place I usually end up thousands of pounds lighter within a month or so

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts