No bbc internet radio stations on vtuner (Older Marantz & Denon etc)

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Had to do a factory reset on my system, and noticed bbc internet radio no longer available on vtuner (Luckily I don't really use any of the bbc stations) not sure if it works with tunein, what is wrong with the bbc ?
(Older Marantz & Denon products, and current Naim products use vtuner)

Last edited:
Reactions: JDL

Gray

You can be sure they've got their reasons 🙄
It's been coming for a while and is actually a bit overdue. I've long since been getting superimposed messages warning of a switchoff in mid May.
I found BBC radio missing today.

I used to listen via the Volumio OS to BBC radio originally stored by directly entering the URL of the streams.

Hopefully there'll be a way for us to find them again somewhere - just a hassle having to go researching what to do.....I can't stand the fact that, when it comes to streaming, nothing is permanent.
There's a lot to be said for good old FM radio (which itself was due to be switched off many years ago of course).

Reactions: WayneKerr

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Had to do a factory reset on my system, and noticed bbc internet radio no longer available on vtuner (Luckily I don't really use any of the bbc stations) not sure if it works with tunein, what is wrong with the bbc ?
I loathe the BBC as an organization.

Reactions: Horowitz

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
I have VTuner on my Onkyo network player and have found the same. Five years ago I got rid of my FM tuner as I thought the network player was the way to go forward

What device is it? The manufacturer should provide an explanation, or workaround.

For example, when the BBC wasn’t available on TuneIn, Linn added Airable, which does carry it. Or I can use BBC Sounds via Airplay.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
What device is it? The manufacturer should provide an explanation, or workaround.

For example, when the BBC wasn’t available on TuneIn, Linn added Airable, which does carry it. Or I can use BBC Sounds via Airplay.
Its a Denon Ceol N9 uses vtuner, and the BBC have taken all their stations off the platform used by the Denon vtuner, the newer units N10 & N11 use tunein

DCarmi

Wrong, or so I am led to believe.
Watch TV without any live or online content
Watch on-demand or catch-up programmes on online services, except BBC iPlayer still require a licence
If you go to the e.g. Money Savings Expert site you'll see the rules and links to request for to not to require a TV licence. Basically and live broadcast on any platform (including YouTube) needs a licence. Anything on e.g ITVX, Prime etc that is not broadcast live is fine, but not iPlayer.

However, check the full terms and conditions yourself, so if they visit you you can prove you abide by the rules.

Last edited:

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Many people loathe the idea of having to pay a licence fee / tax for a service they never use...
The BBC has a world-beating Research and Development team which works along with audio and TV manufacturers to bring developments which we all enjoy. Wide-screen, stereo sound, the defunct teletext, 4K broadcasting platform and the emerging 8k. These advancements don't just happen on their own.

Ansible212

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site

See the Naim forum for info about the BBC's move to authenticated streams:

Reactions: Symples

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts