No bbc internet radio stations on vtuner (Older Marantz & Denon etc)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the above two replies

Luckily I am ok as I only listen to two stations which I can still get, but as far as I know for the older Marantz & Denon products using vtuner BBC station are no longer available, they display in the list but can not be accessed, however if correct I believe on their newer systems using tunein that everything is still working ok

Gray

Thanks for the above two replies

Luckily I am ok as I only listen to two stations which I can still get, but as far as I know for the older Marantz & Denon products using vtuner BBC station are no longer available, they display in the list but can not be accessed, however if correct I believe on their newer systems using tunein that everything is still working ok
I was reading a thread about this over on AV forums.
Marantz / Denon owners had paid an annual 3 Dollar fee to V Tuner for the privilege of access.- but it was only working for some.

Someone slated another for trying to save such a small fee by using a free workaround.

But as another rightly pointed out....it's more the principle and what's to stop the fee jumping to 30 Dollars?

Too many players involved with anything streaming related. Full of incompatibilities and short-term 'lucky if it works' or gets 'supported' in future.

A very unsatisfactory situation that shows no sign of improving.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I was reading a thread about this over on AV forums.
Marantz / Denon owners had paid an annual 3 Dollar fee to V Tuner for the privilege of access.- but it was only working for some.

Someone slated another for trying to save such a small fee by using a free workaround.

But as another rightly pointed out....it's more the principle and what's to stop the fee jumping to 30 Dollars?

Too many players involved with anything streaming related. Full of incompatibilities and short-term 'lucky if it works' or gets 'supported' in future.

A very unsatisfactory situation that shows no sign of improving.

Yes I have just recently paid up my £4 odd for a one years subscription, but for older Marantz & Denon systems the bbc channels can not be accessed, just one of those stupid things it would not harm the bbc to just keep things working like it was, newer Marantz & Denon systems currently use tunein, thanks

Reactions: Gray

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
OK until the next change then 🤨

No way should it be necessary for you to pay (in addition to the licence fee) to access BBC radio.
No way I would 😐

My Denon Ceol is an older unit so I can not get access to bbc radio stations via vtuner anymore, but can get all the other channels, the current Marantz & Denon models use tunein and can get bbc channels, I am ok with the couple of radio stations I use :)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS