R100 are on the way, amp is next!

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

just wanted to share with you that I ordered R100 speakers, I really do hope that they are as good as everybody say.

No, I didnt have demo because they are not available in my country for demo, just for ordering. :(

Hope this will not end up as blind speakers-shopping usually ends up...

Currently I have BX2 and marantz avr nr1602 and micromega mydac. plan is to get the speakers and then try them with 1602 and demo different stereo amps with mydac. I am still not sure will I stay with 5.1 (KEF T101 center and surrounds and older monitor audio bronze sub) or will I end up with only 2.0 setup.

If I will get much better music SQ going with stereo amp (rega brio, arcam, rotel) I will loose other speakers and 1602. If music SQ will be close to using only 1602, then I plan to stick with it.

Will let you know how it will end up.

Regards!

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I will not go that far to pray for something like speakers... ;-)

But it will be interesting to see what the hype around these r100 is all about.

Have to say that bass on BX2 is very good and if new ones will have bass as good as bx2 plus better sounstage - it shoud be fine.

If they will not be "that" good, they be in few months sold for sure.

A

Anonymous

I got a pair. Decent enough. Take a while to run in. Gloss black attracts the dust and will mark/scratch up if your not careful with dusting or cleaning. Not sure what the Bezel is made of (something painted) but its a bit rough around the edges. Only noticed that close up. Aesthetic grumble only.

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
With the NR1602 you can add a stereo amplifier for improved stereo sound, whilst maintaining a 5.1 setup. So if you do choose to go for a new amp, attach it using the pre-outs on the back :)

pantonius

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I heard R100 with Marantz PM6004.

It is a class above Bx2.

Much more detail and really big bass from such small speakers.

Naturally it cost much more than twice.

Bx2 £250 ; R100 £600

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts