Quick fix/release projector ceiling mount?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Just finished getting my home cinema set up in my new house and am over the moon with the layout.

My only issue is the projector. I currently store it in a custom made oak box under a chair which then gets put on the dining table behind the sofa and sets the projector at a good height. However it's never quite 'perfect' and is also a little low. What I'd love is to ceiling mount it, but couldn't bear it there permanently for aesthetic reasons as it would basically be in the centre of the room.

So, is there a ceiling projector mount where you can fix the plate on the ceiling permanently and then quickly connect / disconnect the projector when you want to use it?

thanks

Ed

A

Anonymous

Nick - just looked online, that looks very promising!

I've looked at a few differnt pics from different angles, can you confirm that it quickly attaches/detaches from BOTH the ceiling mount end AND the projector mount plate end? So, essentially, I could leave the ceiling plate (painted white) installed permanently, and then when I use the projector I can whip it out of the box (with the mount plate attached), then quickly attach the connecting tube to the projector and then ceiling, and vice versa. In simple terms, I want to keep both mounts attached to ceiling and projector respectively, but take down the telescopic pole between uses.

thanks

Ed

A

Anonymous

Looking at this image, it looks like only the projector end is 'quick release' and the telescopic pipe would need to stay in place? If that is the case, are there any mounts where both ends are quick release, leaving just the ceiling mount in place?

spi-pro-callout.jpg

thanks

ed

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I know you're worried about the look of it - but I've got a black HD projector hanging from almost the centre of my room and most people don't even notice it's there.

Not sure why as it's pretty big but maybe people are so used to lights on the ceiling, they don't really 'look'!

Just a thought as I too was initially worried.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts