questions for daveh75

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
daveh , im getting an amp and speakers next week , i have a humax foxsat hd box , will the humax output hd audio over hdmi to the amp ?? or do i need an optical out like the sky boxes ?? the reason i ask is because of some assignment issues ive read about on some yamaha amps , which im considering ...

also , some of the amps im looking at upscale to 1080p , would you know if any current £400-£450 amp would be likely to have a better scaler than the humax ?? as my panny isnt great at upscaling , the humax is ok , but if theres better ??

hope you can help , cheers ..

(or anybody else
emotion-21.gif
)

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I am not sure if this is any help but i just have a HDMI cable from my humax foxsat to my 606 amp, not sure what sound i am getting though, so if anybody else has the answer i would be interested to now.

daveh75

maxflinn:
daveh , im getting an amp and speakers next week , i have a humax foxsat hd box , will the humax output hd audio over hdmi to the amp ?? or do i need an optical out like the sky boxes ??You wont get HD audio! (regardless of platform)

You will get Dolby Digital 5.1(when available).With your Hummy,it can output DD5.1 over HDMI so you wont need an optical cable.

The use optical to get DD5.1 is a limitation of Sky boxes only.

also , some of the amps im looking at upscale to 1080p , would you know if any current £400-£450 amp would be likely to have a better scaler than the humax ?? as my panny isnt great at upscaling , the humax is ok , but if theres better ??

hope you can help , cheers ..

(or anybody else
emotion-21.gif
)No idea tbh...The best thing to do is experiment with the scaling settings when you get your
amp,and go with whatever gives you the best PQ.

Though the Humax's scalers are supposedly mediocre,so i'm surprised the Humax has a better scaler than your Panasonic .

A

Anonymous

thanks slewis ..

cheers daveh , i should have said dd5.1 , thats what i meant , anyway i dont need an optical out so thats fine
emotion-21.gif

as for scaling , im probably hoping for a bit much , getting an amp that can improve my sd picture , it is quite good on the better channels anyway , i will experiment as you said ... cheers...

TRENDING THREADS