Question for Unitiqute & Unitilite owners please...

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Could anybody advise me please about the quality of the headphone output from either the Naim Unitiqute or Unitilite? I've heard that some Naim products (such as the DAC V-1 and the Naim Nait XS) have excellent headphone amps, but I'd be interested to know how the Unitis compare.

My ideal system would be a combination of several Naim products together. I like the idea of keeping disc spinners separate (as disc transports tend not to last as long as non-moving parts) and I like the idea of a pre/power amp like the V-1 and the NAP100. But I also like the internet radio and now Spotify Connect of the Uniti range. I guess the closest to this would be a Naim NAC172XS, but by the time you add the power amp (that matches its size), it's considerably more expensive than the Uniti or DAC V1/Nap100 combo.

Has anybody used a decent set of 'phones with the 'Qute or 'Lite with any success? Has a particular headphone blended well?

Thanks in advance.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds pretty good to me on the Qute 2 although I have nothing really to compare it with. I have the volume up to 80 when listening to headphones as I like it loud and I don't think my phones are a heavy load (Sennheiser HD 595). Might depend on what phones you want to use and how loud you like it. If you already have the headphones why not take them to a dealer and ask to listen to some stuff.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Jota180 said:
Sounds pretty good to me on the Qute 2 although I have nothing really to compare it with. I have the volume up to 80 when listening to headphones as I like it loud and I don't think my phones are a heavy load (Sennheiser HD 595). Might depend on what phones you want to use and how loud you like it. If you already have the headphones why not take them to a dealer and ask to listen to some stuff.

Thanks Jota, that's helpful. I'm not so fussed about having it loud, I'm more interested in detail, speed and as wide a soundstage as possible (for headphones).

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I have the same headphones - use them on the unitilite. Sounds vey nice indeed. I dont like the small headphone jack and obviously have to have an adaptor to use it. Sign of the times I suppose.

I really like the sennheisers. So much portable rubbish around at twice the price I paid for the HD595. Initially i didn't connect the adaptor in the unitilite properly - seemed fiddly- the sound was awful - until I realised my mistake. Much of the strengths of the unitilite are apparent through headphones too. Unitilite - lovely well balanced sound.

tonky

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
tonky said:
I have the same headphones - use them on the unitilite. Sounds vey nice indeed. I dont like the small headphone jack and obviously have to have an adaptor to use it. Sign of the times I suppose.

I really like the sennheisers. So much portable rubbish around at twice the price I paid for the HD595. Initially i didn't connect the adaptor in the unitilite properly - seemed fiddly- the sound was awful - until I realised my mistake. Much of the strengths of the unitilite are apparent through headphones too. Unitilite - lovely well balanced sound.

tonky

Thanks for your observations Tonky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts