Question for Plastic Penguin

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
PP just ordered the Leema Pulse amp myself from the link you provided me in another thread, cant wait until it arrives, thanks for the link, I have no doubt it's the best available for the price, especially for what I can get in Australia for the same money it cost me. It sells for more than double the price here.

Thanks Again!

ABM78 said:
PP just ordered the Leema Pulse amp myself from the link you provided me in another thread, cant wait until it arrives, thanks for the link, I have no doubt it's the best available for the price, especially for what I can get in Australia for the same money it cost me. It sells for more than double the price here. Thanks Again!

You're welcome. Keep us updated when you get the amp.

You'll certainly enjoy your new bundle.

Good luck

hifilover1979 said:
I dont agree with avoiding the Cyrus CDP; it's a superb player and fits in well with a majority of systems

If you're refering to the usualy 'Cyrus' sound; you'll find that it's the amp that mainly brings that problem up

Dolnt discount the Cyrus until you've heard it at least; not just on nay say or peoples opinions

It's a personal thing, and certainly not the amp. Didn't particularly like it with Arcam either.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
BTW, excuse my ignorance, but what is "NOS"?

Cheers, pp

PP, it stands for Non Over Sampling. These are dacs (often tube) that don't over or up sample in any way. Very often they also remove all filtering as well (eg. Brick Wall Filter).

The advocates of this thinking (eg. Audio Note), claim that this retains all the original information (ambient etc) making NOS dacs more musical and realistic sounding (more analogue).

Done well it can sound very good indeed. The Audio Note Dacs (within their own system) are the best I've heard.

matthewpiano

No, in this context NOS means 'New Old Stock'. Highly unlikely that anywhere is going to have any SA7001 machines about that are still in sealed boxes given that it was discontinued quite some time ago. Great CD player though.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
No, in this context NOS means 'New Old Stock'. Highly unlikely that anywhere is going to have any SA7001 machines about that are still in sealed boxes given that it was discontinued quite some time ago. Great CD player though.

I have the SA7001 (non-Sig) and my 6003 wipes the floor with it.

Less detailed, less cohesive, and just sounds a bit of a mess in a direct A/B comparison to my ears to be honest. I unboxed it 2-days ago after about a month to give it another spin and it went straight back. The only reason it's not up for sale (yet!) is IF I get a DAC, as I would like to see how it performs as a transport.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts