Queen on Vinyl...

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

watching the bbc documentary last night.. which was really great.. my god.. it was amazing to see Freddie Mercury working so hard so far into his illness..

After watching the program i immediately wanted to expand my Queen music on vinyl.. i have Magic Live and A day at the Races on Vinyl.. but what would people recommend as the best all round package to look for? I think i've seen a Queen 'The Work's box in Tower Records.. but didnt have a look through it.. Recommendations appreciated

Cheers,
Mick

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thoughts myself after watching last night, and the context of the final Freddie recordings will have a lot more meaning to me now.

Were the later recordings issued on SACD or DVD-A, at all? My "Night at the Opera" DVD-A is absolutely superb!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I've got the recent Greatest Hits box set (or whatever it's called, I can't remember), which is excellent quality, I think Clare raved about it when it came out, and I've also got a recent-ish reissue of A Night At The Opera (may be as much as ten years old but again for the life of me I can't remember when I got it), also extremely good quality.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
is that the 'Works' set i've seen in some places? or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolute-Greatest-VINYL-Queen/dp/B002NZOLEQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1306919050&sr=8-7

The_Lhc said:
I've got the recent Greatest Hits box set (or whatever it's called, I can't remember), which is excellent quality, I think Clare raved about it when it came out, and I've also got a recent-ish reissue of A Night At The Opera (may be as much as ten years old but again for the life of me I can't remember when I got it), also extremely good quality.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
apologies if im not allowed to post links to amazon.. wasnt sure..

micks_address said:
is that the 'Works' set i've seen in some places? or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolute-Greatest-VINYL-Queen/dp/B002NZOLEQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1306919050&sr=8-7

The_Lhc said:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
micks_address said:

The_Lhc said:

It's the one you've linked to there yes but I don't know what "The Works" is?

TRENDING THREADS