Quality music streaming

aversaurus

Hi at the moment I stream music using tidal which I enjoy and I'm happy with the quality.
But in the UK it doesn't connect to Alexia .I would like a music streaming service with the same quality as tidal but would connect to Alexia.
What do you think stick for quality or move for convenience?

Gray

Hi at the moment I stream music using tidal which I enjoy and I'm happy with the quality.
But in the UK it doesn't connect to Alexia .I would like a music streaming service with the same quality as tidal but would connect to Alexia.
If Tidal sounds better to you than any alternative, stick.
For right-minded people, when a choice is necessary, quality must always take priority over convenience.

DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site

If you have Amazon Prime, then this includes Amazon Music.

I use Qobuz on my Linn Streamer and likewise, Alexia will not connect with Qobuz.

Reactions: Al ears

manicm

The choice I have is tidal or Spotify premium the question is would I notice the drop in quality from tidal to Spotify

One thing my ears have definitely noticed - Spotify's compressed option, even at High instead of Very High, sounds better than Tidal's compressed option. Tidal only sounds decent from Hifi upwards, the High option sounds quite flat.

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
That's funny to hear that, I quite like it but I guess it's mainly what you're comparing it to and I much prefer it on iOS than Android.

With Alexa you don't need the App anyway :)

The app randomly stops. It's a known issue and the fixes (force stop, clear cache, restart device) don't really work... It's more of an issue with my phone than it is with my tablet. On the tablet, it just has little hiccups while streaming from time to time.

As far as Alexa... I have it disabled on my phone and tablet. I won't have any Amazon smart devices in my house.

Reactions: DREADZONE

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
An update about the Amazon Music app: I had to turn off battery restrictions by going through my phone's settings, apps, rhen Amazon Music. Same with my tablet. That took care of my issues.

Now I get the HD/Ultra HD music uninterrupted. The Fosi Audio DS1 improves the sound I get from my Tablet. The Andover Songbird allows me to stream to my Denon D-M41.

davidtepper

Oct 14, 2023
Visit site
Quality music streaming services offer seamless, high-fidelity playback, enhancing the listening experience. To reach new heights, they also offer exclusive artist merch, connecting fans with their favorite music creators.

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
why do you want Alexa how will this improve your sound or are you Lazy ?

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
The choice I have is tidal or Spotify premium the question is would I notice the drop in quality from tidal to Spotify
I subscribed to Spotify premium for 13 years and have just switched to Tidal HiFi plus.
I am finding Tidal to be much more pleasing than Spotify in every regard. As a Prime member I can get Amazon unlimited cheap but I can't stand it (I've tried it twice in the last few years) and I absolutely don't want to interact with Alexa (or Siri).
Personally, I can hear a difference between Spotify and Tidal, even on relatively budget gear. I guess it depends on what you listen to, what gear you have, how good your critical listening skills are and how well treated your listening room is.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
This is an old thread, but I moved from Spotify to Amazon Unlimited last year because of its HD and Ultra HD sounds. The interface isn't as good, but the music is superior. I run it on my 2 desktops, 2 phones, 2 Surface tablets, and an Amazon tablet.

I've never needed nor used Alexa on any of these devices, and I have no need for podcasting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts