Question Quad spare parts

garthibiza

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
On August 18th I bought a Quad Vena 2 amplifier from a Uk dealer, with warranty and it was sent to me by post. It was NOT packed very well, and the casing was "chipped" on arrival. I got in touch with the dealer who told me it was fully insured, and that he would order a new casing from Quad. I was informed that it might take up to 3 months !
I have now waited for over 4 months and am told it is still NOT available.
I am rather upset, to find that a premium "British" product is let down by lack of spare parts. Perhaps if potential buyers are aware of the lack of after sales service they might think twice before buying this brand ?

abacus

Although it is designed in the UK, it is actually made in China and due to the covid pandemic many parts and products from many manufactures are slow arriving, (Some don’t even specify dates when the products will be available again) I would contact Quad UK and mention your problem to them direct.

Bill

Gray

I dealt with the original Quad directly.
Impossible to imagine better customer service.

Sad to read your post, sad that it doesn't really surprise me.
Of course, supply / delivery is often taking longer during this pandemic, but you've waited long enough.
Time for you to put some pressure on.

I appreciate that China is likely to be involved, but I've ordered and received several Chinese items over the last few months. I always expect to wait. As it happened, all came before the dates I was given.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears
I dealt with the original Quad directly.
Impossible to imagine better customer service.

Sad to read your post, sad that it doesn't really surprise me.
Of course, supply / delivery is often taking longer during this pandemic, but you've waited long enough.
Time for you to put some pressure on.

I appreciate that China is likely to be involved, but I've ordered and received several Chinese items over the last few months. I always expect to wait. As it happened, all came before the dates I was given.
Unfortunately warranty concerns are a matter for the dealer. Admit it might be worth contacting Quad and mentioning which dealer is causing issue.

Gray

Unfortunately warranty concerns are a matter for the dealer. Admit it might be worth contacting Quad and mentioning which dealer is causing issue.
Yes and the dealer has ordered the part from Quad.
Personally, I wouldn't want anyone fitting a new casing to my new amp (which was received damaged due to poor packing).
Hopefully between them they'll give the OP the satisfaction he deserves.

Yes and the dealer has ordered the part from Quad.
Personally, I wouldn't want anyone fitting a new casing to my new amp (which was received damaged due to poor packing).
Hopefully between them they'll give the OP the satisfaction he deserves.
Neither would I. If down to poor packaging I would request a complete new unit

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts