Quad L-ite sub to normal 2 channel amp quandry

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.......

This be my first post.

I have a Marantz PM66 ki sig which I use with a Yamaha surround processor for the movies. This of course means I have the best of both worlds, a proper amp for music and the processor feeding a signal to the amp to do the front L + R channels and it taking care of the centre and rears. My current speaker set up is all Kef (Q55s Q95 centre and Q8's for rears).

I am thinking of doing a 2 step upgrade to Quad by going for the L-ite system and then later on getting a set of L series floor standing speakers and use the spare L-ite speakers either somewhere else or as part of a 7.1 system.

What concerns me tho is how I would connect the sub to both the marantz and the yamaha. The processor has the line level sub output, so that would go straight into the sub.....but that would mean that I would only have the sub on when i was playing a source through the processor......which is not what I want to do when listening to the cd player or turntable. I see that the L-ite sub has the ability to accept speaker level inputs....would I be able to use speaker cable to connect the sub to the marantz for stereo and then use the line level for movies with the processor.

I have read that the sub has a number of user defined presets, would it be possible to have 1 set up with the line level for films and another set to speaker level for music??

I dont have a sub at the momment so have not had to over come this quandry. If I am not able to do what I'd like to do, it puts the kybosh on my Quad 2 step program.....as the L-ite speakers would be.....well.......a little light without the sub.

Here's hoping you can help...

Ben

A

Anonymous

hiya.

I've got a Quad L hooked up to both my hi-fi and Yamaha dsp,my audio retailer made a switch that has been velcroed onto the back of the sub,just flick the switch for audio or visual.

I use the 1st 2 presets for music and the other 2 for films(1 of these for normal veiwing and one set to rumble the house down for action movies).

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
What was the name of this retailer and how much did it cost? Is destiction between the line and speaker level inputs not something that can be set by the presets?

A

Anonymous

http://www.truesoundav.com/

speak to Russell.

I didn't get charged for the switch but I had recently spent several thousand pounds with them and will make further purchases over the next 12 month's.

they also made little connectors out of Chord Silver Siren to use with the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts