Quad Artera, and Quad S & Z ranges

DarrenSmith

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else heard the new Quad Artera Play & Stereo (CD/DAC & Amp)? Heard last month (thanks to an obliging local provider) & very impressed with styling & sound. Heard accompanied by, firstly, the new Quad S4, and then the larger S5. I initially went for the latter, then reconsidered & await the Z4.

The latter won't be available until the new year, and I wondered whether anyone has heard them (they appeared recently in London at the end of October). Views? Comparison to the S range, or other comparable priced products?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
DarrenSmith said:
Anyone else heard the new Quad Artera Play & Stereo (CD/DAC & Amp)? Heard last month (thanks to an obliging local provider) & very impressed with styling & sound. Heard accompanied by, firstly, the new Quad S4, and then the larger S5. I initially went for the latter, then reconsidered & await the Z4.

The latter won't be available until the new year, and I wondered whether anyone has heard them (they appeared recently in London at the end of October). Views? Comparison to the S range, or other comparable priced products?

I've heard a Quad Vena with the S2s (briefly) and they sounded very good for what they are. However I am so glad I didn't take the easy way out but waited (and waited) for my Audio Notes instead.

The Quads do look nice up close. Excellent fit and finish.

DarrenSmith

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
thanks Chebby

Just to show my total ignorance, Audio Note weren't a name on my radar, but just checked your speakers out: lovely simple lines, and a whole range out there at a huge price differential. Interesting that Quad lovers seem to like these too as they're mentioned alongside each other on a number of occasions (I've currently got Quad 21L2s, which are beautiful to see & have a natural sound - sound familiar?)

DarrenSmith said:
thanks Chebby

Just to show my total ignorance, Audio Note weren't a name on my radar, but just checked your speakers out: lovely simple lines, and a whole range out there at a huge price differential. Interesting that Quad lovers seem to like these too as they're mentioned alongside each other on a number of occasions (I've currently got Quad 21L2s, which are beautiful to see & have a natural sound - sound familiar?)

Looking forward to hearing the new speaker range. I have Quad 11L originals times four as my home cinema surrounds along with matching centre speaker and subwoofer. Very good build quality and great sound along with great looks in that many layers of lacquer 'birdseye maple' finish.

From all accounts the new S range is in a different league soundwise.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DarrenSmith said:
The new speakers are out. Mine look rather wonderful, and sound equally so. Impressive build quality, stylish, lovely lines.

That is a very nice looking system you got there.

Proof if needed that something can look plain and still have style (Artera)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts