admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently running my KEF Reference 201/2 with 1x Quad 909 stero and Audiolab 8200CDQ through RCA. I'm justing wondering if i pick up another 909, can I plug the RCA into the first quad 909 then use quad link into the second 909? (and perhaps when 909 second hand price comes down even further, I will get a third one).

The manul seems to only cover quad link using their own front end... which doesn't help in this case.

and to be honest...am I going to see any sonic improvement?

Cheers. :)

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The Quad 909 also came as a mono version. The 909 mono was effectively a bridged stereo 909. If you can find them, change your stereo amp for two monos, rather than get a second stereo amp. Can't comment on any sound quality improvement but the monos should be able to control your speakers better.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
KP, welcome to the forum, both as a new member and a fellow Kef Ref owner.

I can't answer your specific question re the connecting of the 909, but would make the general comment that the 201/2s are real sponges for current/power, so I would expect it to make a worthwhile difference.

I can also see how the 909 would be a good match with the Kefs.

If you head down this road, let us know how things go.

Cno

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I can't answer your specific question re the connecting of the 909, but would make the general comment that the 201/2s are real sponges for current/power, so I would expect it to make a worthwhile difference.

The Quad 909 mono is rated at 300W and the stereo at 140W, both into 8 ohms.

A

Anonymous

The output impedance will increase ( lower damping factor ) and your amps will 'see' half of the impendance of your speakers when switching to mono. Only when your amp has a mono switch. The way you describe it, would be a waste of your money.

TRENDING THREADS