QED Silver Anniversary Speaker Wire vs ....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, My system is currently ... Naim CD5x/Flatcap2x source... Harman Kardon 970 Amp... Paradigm Monitor 7 v4 Speakers. The current speaker wire is QED Mirco Speaker wire (copper, $7/m NZ). With my system, it is perhaps slightly bright on certian cds with the speakers, but not too bad. Im currently trialing the QED Silver Annivers. The regular price is $20 or $25 bi-wire ex demo (norm $40 bi-wire, so decent step up in price from original Mirco wire). The bass is a LOT tighter, but seems a tad light on bass. There is much more detail especially in vocals. Some tracks seem a bit bright however. Over all its a good improvement over the QED Mirco wire, and is much smoother. Im wondering what other wire is worth listening to first? Bi-wire is an option, but not that important. The HK970 amp can run A/B speakers though. Am thinking maybe silver wire could be a little bright? The next QED (really think wire) is $40/m for copper and am told needs banana plugs ($15 each)....

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any experience with the QED, or other options at the same price???

A

Anonymous

yes.don't like it. Its a bit lightweight, a bit bright and thin sounding. I had some, as did a friend although he thought it was not bad. i bought some dnm reson mark 2 to replace it. the dnm is miles better.I took it to my friends house for a demo.he ditched the qed and bought the dnm reson the next day.It was far far better.A lot fuller sounding in the bass and has a smoother treble.Quite a neutral cable. It retails for £7.95 p/m byt you can get it online for £6.15 p/m.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunitly cant get DNM or listen to it in New Zealand. Has anyone heard the QED X-TUBE XT-300 speaker cable? Its a bit more pricey given. There's also the X-Tube XT-350, X-Tube XT-400 (one full silver, one half silver/copper). Perhaps the What HiFi reviewers can help me out on these cables?

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
hi fraziel......i got a nad c352 amp also i tryed the xt biwire... after reading revievs and many reports and it was really bad... the trble to bright and stereo imaging not great..... i went back to my origional black rodium tango biwire......can you recomend any cable for my next upgrad to use with my C352

A

Anonymous

Silver Anniversary cable sucks IMO. Chord Odyssey is good if you want to have an open and spacious sound but if you're specifically after taming harshness or bright treble I would stay away from any silver or silver-tipped copper wire. Stick to straight copper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts