Question Q Acoustics: Manufacturer won't supply spare parts; where to get them?

OpAmp

May 19, 2020
Visit site
I recently damaged the tweeters in my Q Acoustics 3050i speakers. It's taken over a week to get a response from Q Acoustics, who've simply said they have no replacement parts and left it at that.

I'm reluctant to write-off a 12 month old pair of speakers, but struggling to see any alternative. Does anyone know of anywhere that may have suitable spares?

prince albert

May 7, 2020
Visit site
I recently damaged the tweeters in my Q Acoustics 3050i speakers. It's taken over a week to get a response from Q Acoustics, who've simply said they have no replacement parts and left it at that.

I'm reluctant to write-off a 12 month old pair of speakers, but struggling to see any alternative. Does anyone know of anywhere that may have suitable spares?
I bought a pair of clearance q-acoustics From peter Tyson sometime ago they were missing the grills ,They got Them for me via a supplier can’t remember who, give them a ring they may be able to help

Reactions: QASupport
D

Deleted member 116933

Just ask where you bought them from to repair them. It's not unheard of for companies to not supply drivers to the general public. They expect you to go through the proper channels.

Reactions: QASupport

daytona600

contact dealer who supplied them for spares
£95 per pair of tweeters seems very expensive for £299 speakers & you will have to fit them
Spare drive units can be had for 20quid if you are handy with a saw & soldering iron

Last edited:
Reactions: shadders and OpAmp
I hope you manage to find a way to resolve your issues.
It's a sad fact these days that manufacturers like this consider customer service, brand awareness, and recommendations to be completely secondary once they have actually flogged you the device.
Glad to say there is nothing Q Acoustics in my house.
Persevere......

Reactions: OpAmp

Gray

When you say they left it at that......they told you they don't supply parts.....and said nothing more?
Did they not go on to tell you how to go about obtaining the tweeters? Surely they did?

When you say they left it at that......they told you they don't supply parts.....and said nothing more?
Did they not go on to tell you how to go about obtaining the tweeters? Surely they did?
One would certainly hope so, at the very least suggest contacting the original seller.
It's curious that this is a first post from the OP, the OP should know if there are issues you go back to where you bought them....

OpAmp

May 19, 2020
Visit site
Just ask where you bought them from to repair them. It's not unheard of for companies to not supply drivers to the general public. They expect you to go through the proper channels.

What makes you assume I didn't do this? That was precisely what I did, and I had to contact Q directly.

OpAmp

May 19, 2020
Visit site
Just to add a bit of balance to this thread, I am very happy to have QA in my house. The speed in which they sorted an issue for me, not of their making, was spot on.

Good to know, thank you. To be clear, I had been entirely happy with them until now. It's entirely possible their customer service processes are under strain due to lockdown etc.

OpAmp

May 19, 2020
Visit site
One would certainly hope so, at the very least suggest contacting the original seller.
It's curious that this is a first post from the OP, the subject is not normally a rant at a manufacturer. OP should know if there are issues you go back to where you bought them....

I did go back to where I bought them. They were very helpful and advised that, as it was not a warranty repair, it would be most time- and cost-effective to go directly to the company which handles Q Acoustics' repairs (and is owned by the same parent company). I did this and, after a few days with no response, contacted Q Acoustics as well. I then got a response.

I understand and would share your skepticism about such a thread from a first-time poster. Hopefully you can believe that, having contacted the dealer, manufacturer and their service arm to no avail, it's not so curious that someone might seek the help of a community like this one.

And to be fair, it was hardly a rant.

Not that they don't supply parts. They said they have no stock, and no ETA for new stock, and offered nothing further. I was surprised too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjbomber
I did go back to where I bought them. They were very helpful and advised that, as it was not a warranty repair, it would be most time- and cost-effective to go directly to the company which handles Q Acoustics' repairs (and is owned by the same parent company). I did this and, after a few days with no response, contacted Q Acoustics as well. I then got a response.

I understand and would share your skepticism about such a thread from a first-time poster. Hopefully you can believe that, having contacted the dealer, manufacturer and their service arm to no avail, it's not so curious that someone might seek the help of a community like this one.

And to be fair, it was hardly a rant.

Not that they don't supply parts. They said they have no stock, and no ETA for new stock, and offered nothing further. I was surprised too.
Noted. Perhaps you might have mentioned this in first post. Sorry to hear they would not do anything for speakers just out of warranty, it's a sad sign of the times. As they appear to be still making speakers using these drivers I am surprised to hear they don't keep any in stock, unless of course they actually source form elsewhere.
I have edited my first post.

Sorry, but this is just passing the buck. Too many dealers nowadays just cannot be bothered to undertake repairs of out of warranty equipment. And when I say undertake, this means just booking the repair in and arranging it with the manufacturer. In this case, replacing a tweeter is a job a five year old could do, and is just lazy on their part.

And this, in my opinion, isn’t acceptable from a manufacturer. If we were talking about some loudspeakers from 1981, I could understand, but certainly not spares for a pair of loudspeakers that are only a few years old. I wonder if they’d say the same about their Concept models in a few years time? I certainly wouldn’t buy a speaker costing several thousand pounds from a manufacturer which can’t supply replacement parts after a few years.

This is one manufacturer I will never deal with.

Last edited:

QASupport

Official Representative
May 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm sorry, but we are not going to accept the above. To set the record straight here, we (QAcosutics Support) got wind of a request for 2 tweeters that had been damaged by the user by his own admission on the 19th of May at 4:11pm, I could share the whole transcript, 9 conversations, but you can find it for yourself on Twitter by typing in 3050i tweeters. Firstly, there was no ticket number assigned, anyone contacting Q Acoustics Support through the UK website get's assigned a ticket. So, we have to assume contact was made outside of normal channels or possibly another market outside of the UK. 3050i is a current product, ye,s spare parts are low, but this is due to the COVID-19 situation, that said, our systems show 6 pcs in stock as of now. We had maintained contact with the customer through all of this, with the last contact today advising of the stock situation and requesting QAcoustics support are copied in on the email to our Service / Spares fulfillment partners. We as a manufacturer standby our commitment to Customer and Technical support.

QASupport

Official Representative
May 21, 2020
Visit site
I hope you manage to find a way to resolve your issues.
It's a sad fact these days that manufacturers like this consider customer service, brand awareness, and recommendations to be completely secondary once they have actually flogged you the device.
Glad to say there is nothing Q Acoustics in my house.
Persevere......
That's not true at all, one of the first things considered of a new product is support and how it can be delivered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts